Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique my Work

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Allba null
Hey guys, 
Just looking to see if any of you would be willing to give me some pointers on my work.  Aiming towards being a "hard surface" sort of guy, so the likes of Environments,  props and vehicles.  Any comments welcome, if you feel I have missed important steps etc, that would be appreciated.  
All, but the Environment image are "complete" however the environment is currently a Work in Progress Unreal 4 recreation of a SWTOR environment.   All other assets have been done in unreal, so any comments on how I have handled materials etc that would be great.

Thanks guys

Stuart

Replies

• asax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    asax polycounter lvl 5
    Cool work, I would add more detail on the floor and ceiling of your environment, I know it's WIP and probably you are already planning on doing it. I think it would make it look so much better.
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    I would consider really trying to work on your material definition, and better separate your roughness values so you can read what each material is even without an albedo.
  • Allba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allba null
    Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

@asax I should be adding details to the floor and ceiling at some point this week, it will just be trying to find a balance of having details, and having them have a practical reason for being there I guess. So will play around with them :) 

@shabba Thank you for the advice, texturing and material creation are one of my weaker points that I have to work on.   Would adding definition to the just be a case of adding a little more contrast to the roughness values? Or is there a little more finesse to it than that ? :)

Thanks again :)   
  • Allba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allba null
    Hi again guys.

I have been tweeking my materials on the rifle to try and get better material definitions, so hopefully each material looks more like it should.

Only thing I am really struggling with is making the dirt look like its built up on top of the object,  the normal information is there, it may just need to be given more intensity ?