Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Gewehr 43 with scope.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ZangZing polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys.
I recently finished this model. High poly came out pretty well (3ds max to zbrush -> dynamesh + boolean), low poly is at ~31k tris. Yesterday I finished textures in Substance Painter, and I don't know if that is "portfolio ready".
I've got this problem, my textures are always blurred, not so "sharp" as others (especially these from Quixel) even they are 4k.
Also I need to step up my presentation game. Maybe there are some "must see" tutorials which I haven't seen.

Model was created in 3ds Max and Zbrush, textures in Substance Painter, and renders in Marmoset.
Cheers :)

Replies

• Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    Looks great! I think the textures should use a little bit more work, but I am in no place to judge your art, keep it up :)
    P.S.
    Love the high poly with the blinn material, looks so good!
  • theonewhoknocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
    Looking great! I think you can bring the tri count down considerably without affecting the overall silhouette. Alot of the details can be passed through to the normal/height maps. I think you can safely remove edge loops around the muzzle and a couple of other areas.

Google 'Simon Fuchs' made a great AK-47 tutorial that's on Gumroad that takes you through the whole modeling and texturing process with substance painter. Textures are looking good, but still need some more love. 
  • ZangZing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZangZing polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks, I will work some more on my textures today :)
  • Mattvaughn12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mattvaughn12 polycounter lvl 9
    Looking nice! Only complaint is that the wear and grunge is too much at the stock. Would like to see more angles and close ups. Other wise keep it up!