Home General Discussion

Good app for break reminders

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Geexile polycounter lvl 8
Hello guys,
I found one pretty cool app and i have been using it for a few weeks. It`s really helpful tiny program . It reminds you after 45 min for example that you need a 10 min break  with pooping window on all monitors , which stays 10min  , and after the break is over you can start working again and the process repeats again after 45min . Also you can set-up daily limit , which is like your daily hours in front of the PC , after which  the app tells you that the work for today is over :) It has pretty neat exercises window that pop-up when you are in break , telling you what kind of exercises to do for your eyes and back so you don`t get eye or back strain. You can set-up the timers to your own liking . And it has very cool statistics , where you can see the data broken in to months , how much you worked and how much you had a brake . :)

Tiny small timer that you can move whatever you like and you can make it to stay on top of your software windows or bellow . It shows how much you have until rest

Break window which pops-up when its time for rest . You can make the windows to lock-up your PC  so your can`t continue working if you tend to continue working even after the brake windows pop-up :) or you can just skip and postpone the brake.

Statistics

Oh and i forgot , the program is totally free :D .
And here is the link  : http://www.workrave.org

Anyway i thought it could be helpful to someone , i know how much artist in the industry have problems with back and eye strain because they work non-stop for long hours , because most just forget :) so hope this will help ;)
I saw it mentioned in a couple of posts in the forum , but i thought it deserves entire discussion. 

Replies

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Hi. I considered using that one, but then I wanted something even simpler, "just mark the time and give some sort of alarm when done", and be lightweight. So I made this:

It stops flashing when you focus the program window -- like clicking that taskbar button or Alt-Tabbing into it.
    It's a single executable, you can get it here (source code is included):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/okx66oa900yu2l1/Break Timer (Win32).zip?dl=1

Yet another alternative is a preinstalled app from Windows 8.1 (and above, I think), it's called "Alarms", it shows a notification on the desktop when the time is done.

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    There's also plenty of mobile timers and time management apps. You can put your phone on the other side of the room to force yourself to get up and take a break.