Home General Discussion

Planet Earth II

R3D
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
R3D interpolator
Planet Earth II is a 2016 British nature documentary series produced by the BBC as a sequel to the highly successful Planet Earth television series, which aired a decade earlier, in 2006. The series is presented and narrated by Sir David Attenborough with the score composed by Hans Zimmer.

It's amazing the kind of shots they get. I'm glad they've kept the tradition of having a little behind the scenes at the end of each episode.

It's currently airing Sundays in the UK on the BBC. (Other places will get it in January, including BBC USA)

There are going to be six episodes total.

Here's the extended trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM

And here's a small talk Sir David Attenborough did a few days before the first episode was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC8_Sjlvxic

Little clip from the first episode.

https://streamable.com/0z8g

Snakes man.

Replies

• JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Yussss x infinity!!!!

If this gets released in 4k  i might need up upgrade my shit. 

The First was the reason i bought a blue ray.
  • Kroma!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroma! polycounter lvl 9
    R3D said:

Snakes man.
    When you see more and more just keep appearing... :'(
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I hear it is suppose to be in 4k, actually. But holy hell, that snake attack. kajfeoiwahjnvewa. 

absolutely beautifully shot though. That trailer.... uugh. 

Also, first episode? Is this a series or a movie?
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    I haven't watched Planet Earth, but I have watched Life and it's my favorite documentary of all time hands down no questions asked. I'll recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone. So I'm stoked that were getting another series of greatness and if it's 4K I'll pre order it right now, just take my money.

@slipsius it's a mini series.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    watched the 1st episode last night. It is absolutley GORGEOUS. the color grading, the sharpness. and add hans zimmers score to that and its just awe inspiring non stop. I am gonna be getting this series on bluray for suuure when it comes out.

• PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius said:
    Also, first episode? Is this a series or a movie?
    6 episode series. each one is about an hour.
  • Swaggletooth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggletooth polycounter lvl 5
    watched the 1st episode last night. It is absolutley GORGEOUS. the color grading, the sharpness. and add hans zimmers score to that and its just awe inspiring non stop.
    BBC documentaries are probably some of the most visually stunning TV around, it blows my mind to think that you have people going out to some of the harshest environments on earth and living there for a year (or more!) to film a 5 minute segment. But it's so worth it (even if it is extremely brutal viewing at times).

I know we're on borrowed time with Attenborough, but it's fantastic that he's still involved with these. I just can't imagine anyone else being able to ever replace him.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think one of the best things i heard so far is that the ratings were about 9.4 million in the UK watching this vs the 7 million watching the x factor. gave me a glimmer of hope for the human race. Would love to know the american numbers...
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    it's only available in the UK until january sadly