Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Accuracy International Arctic Warfare

Also known to some as Point-and-click adventure .

Modelling mostly complete, though I'll still have to fix edge sharpness and make the bipod.

Heu3RhU.png

All C&C welcome ;)

Replies

• jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    Looking great! Nice and clean. Seems to be a lot of guns lately... but keep it coming.
  • james swanson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    james swanson polycounter lvl 5
    Cool! One of my favorite guns from Black Ops 1 :)

The green parts (don't know the technical term) looks really good. Just make sure there's a bevel on your low poly for those wide edges.

I've painted over some areas where the edges are too tight, or where there could be a bevel.

8VdCPyt.jpg

The reason I think you should add a slight bevel to the screw holes is so that, when baking, there will be some actual thickness picked up in the normal map.

21d78822d0a62ba3fae28df09363f277.png

Left one is like yours, where it's true to life, but the normals won't bake properly. The right one is with a slight bevel, which makes it slightly less true to life, but the normals will look better.

Hope this helped. Keep it up!
  • AngryMindtricks
    Haven't got much else to crit... Kudos to James Swanson, got everything I would have said haha except also loosen the bevel on the indents on the back end of the scope as well... killed it with the crits *applauds*