Home Technical Talk

Quantum Human - single click to map&rig

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Jakub interpolator
Recently company Matrix Quantum released a sneak peak for their software called Quantum Human. It will allow you, to just in a single click insert topology, mapping and rig to a 3D and make it ready for animation.

http://quantum-human.com/

What do you guys think about it ? Will people that are responsible for rigging etc. lose their job in future ? I am wondering how this can turn out :)

Replies

• jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    I dont think people will lose their job, I think this will just make their job a little easier. It looks like you still need to script out everything that it does, so you need someone to do that, and then it will still need to be edited and manipulated. Looks like a pretty awesome tool though, I'd like to check it out.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    You still have to build the character as far as sculpt/hipoly, costume, textures, etc... correct? If it automates the more tedious aspects such as retopo, rigging, etc, then that's excellent. This tool would probably be handled by a rigger/technical artist anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about jobs going away in that area.