Home Technical Talk

zbrush - depth pass

hero character
Offline / Send Message
thomasp hero character
hi,

just wondering if anyone knows how to output a depth pass for a (zmovie) turntable animation? i know about the zdepth you can toggle as a pass for BPR renders but my impression is that this is for stills only and doesn't render directly in the viewport?

there's also a depth cue option but this seems to affect the rendered image right inside zbrush. i'd require a separate pass to mess around with in compositing. perhaps with a special material?

cheerZ.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i just found some hint regarding a zbrush plugin called turntable plus that seems to be no longer available/maintained. :(

anybody got it and does it work on a semi-recent version of zbrush (i'm on 4R4)?
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Found this. Haven't tried it though..

http://pixologic.com/interview/artist-in-action/demo-reel-with-zbrush/5/
    Creating multipass renders in ZBrush isn't difficult. A simple type of multipass render can be generated using the Create Maps button in the Render menu. This option will generate Color, Shadow, Ambient Occlusion, Mask and Depth passes. Simply make sure that you have enabled Shadows and Ambient Occlusion in the Render menu. Then press the BPR button to create a Best Preview Render. Once the render is complete, you'll see small icons in the Render menu depicting the various render passes. Clicking on each of these will bring up a file requester, allowing you to specify a name and location to save the image.