Home Dota 2

GhostDetector's Concepts

GhostDetector
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
Here are some concepts I made, if anyone wants to do them post here or message me.
ok6PGRN.png
W1gOFHD.png
YS8lDOk.png
HqS8rUO.png
Iii4KZr.png
wY2YRrR.png

Replies

• GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you like it? I think the name would be the Red Orchid.
    s2MFcyg.png
  • Godzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    i like the idea of some hard armor on slark and the dagger aswell. not sure about the furion set though. i'd offer to make the slark stuff but i don't even have time to finish what i started so far ^^. keep up the good work!
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a tusk ward I made. An effect would be like cold air escaping from a freezer or a cooler. I kind of rushed in the end and I also went a little wild with the colors.

PE9AcfA.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I haven't posted in a while, here are some concepts for some wards.

rWwJYcu.png
    Some wards. There is a Bamboo one (meant brewmaster or something). Shadow Demon (bottom Right). Last, there is underwater ward for the undersea heroes.

Do you guys think that wards shouldn't just be for supports, carries can also buy wards as well as place them? Or the support can have a ward with the theme of the carry for teams. If PA was the main carry, a support would plant a ward whose theme is PA.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some jug wards. I'll be doing 1 of these for the competition. I just can't decide on the pattern for the first one. If anyone wants to collaborate message me. I can do the 2d stuff with textures and of course the concept.
    I decided that the wards would be predominantly white because of jug's mask.
    Also I can't decide on the pattern to put. Any suggestions on the pattern?
    IGSxGTk.png
    VIZRBBB.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't done anything conceptually in a while so here's some linework on a jug set complete with everything. Head, Back, Legs, Arms, Weapon, and the ward. I also have an idea for a taunt for the set.

None of my concepts are in collaboration so if you want to collaborate I'll work with you.

UGzwG3P.png
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    A lot of those items looks soo much like the default items for juggernaut. Try to concept a bit more and find something that looks different from the other items. :)
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A lot of those items looks soo much like the default items for juggernaut. Try to concept a bit more and find something that looks different from the other items. :)

Thanks for the comment. There really isn't much you can do for jug's legs.

Since you didn't say which ones look like the default items the most, I just assumed it was the sword, legs, and back. Here's the new concepts.

I was going for a lion/fire theme to complements his color.
    qCn2ihW.png

Colors later. Maybe....
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    16TMPGW.png
    Colored. Anyone interested in doing the set with me?
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KAO3LbT.jpg
    Jug ward.
    Name : Healing Well or something....
    Its based off of the radiant wells that are there for extra gold.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xByuy76.png
    Refined a little for my jug set.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ogre magi Club
    2YwSX5W.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more weapon concepts
    x4xHpvD.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is some line work on some furion treants
    6TKqYAg.png

Here are thumbnails if anyone is interested.
    q1p0jlj.png

I'm open for collab.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Juggernaugt ward (again)
    I'm really trying to get better at painting digitally
    Comments or feedback?
    Rs5Zrcn.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    0f1JmRm.png
    Color for one treant concept
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pr6AlZY.png
    Another treant
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hook arm-
    It is an arm/hook.
    Can be separated.
    Custom animation (similar to shooting a cannon, but a hook)
    Hooks can be either of two ways, inside the barrel (for the hooks that are rigged like that) or the existing hooks, rigged to the top of the arm.

I'm looking for collaboration because this is too much for me.

bp2TBTK.png

Edit:
    Color
    2RBES9U.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1 week since I posted something on this thread.
    Pugna Wands w/o color
    FlK0tt5.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Colord pugna w/ more variations
    p6D0mpF.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ---- accidental double post ----
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VOXI79S.png
    Some concept variations for kunkka blade. Open for colab....
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should change the colors
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    You should change the colors

I didn't really want to change the colors because nobody wants silver :(

Here are some wip for furion (tops only)
    vhOvy65.png
  • beaver_knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beaver_knight polycounter lvl 9
    I like you'r concepts :)
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks beaver.

Update on my concepts, I just added lighting and a few details. I'm still not good at rocks let alone gems.
    VNH4A7L.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I haven't posted in a while, I think I should show what i've been doing. Basically practicing with concepts and color. I'll do some more work on some of the concepts i've made below, so if you want to do one, be sure to say which one because I'll do some more work on that concept. Since I'm only focusing on concepts, I won't be doing any testing.

dmKNrUy.png
    sOCH2AG.png
    xgHjtbI.png

-Number 18- dk shield, anyone can make it red, but I chose blue because of the final ulti is a frost dragon.

some concepts aren't fully complete, I just did the main part like spear/staff heads. So if you want to do those ones, then contact me so I complete them.

Some color schemes are blue/gold. I don't want anyone to think that those items are suppose to be aghanim items. Its just sapphire gems/blades (which aghanim also uses). Items can have blue and gold and NOT be aghanim too :) .
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More concepts!

Some re-works
    gUzWd7f.png
    7XdZIZI.png

Ogre Magi Scepters
    9ULqniz.png

Wards
    fHibpSB.png

-The far left one is suppose to be Blood (observer) / Mana (sentry) ward.

Earth Spirit Battle Staffs
    xWRoeII.png

-I'm always looking to get better so critiques would be nice. If you want to take a concept, just post the number you want with category and you'll probably get the item if you were the first one.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More concepts up for collab.....
    Mana / Blood ward
    DGNgBU0.png

ES staff (chinese symbol reads Earth)*
    5FFenLe.png

spring 2014

Chinese lanterns. First two images are different styles and details. If you want a concept just ask for a combination.
    5cYYPvG.png
    BbA9yuy.png
    Some more styles (mainly repeats but in a front view)
    zSizZOE.png
    WPcA8Wk.png

Healing ward for juggernaut. A chinese gong that heals units through sound. As for the little doodle, I was wondering if we can change their weapon types because I was hoping for Ogre Magi to hold a hand held gong/stick and so that both his heads has something to hold.
    WTR9oga.png

I'm nto sure about the chinese, I just used google translate.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    plz be aware with the lantern ward concept :/ its the exactly same as what i am doing,
    besides of that lovly work!
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock wrote: »
    plz be aware with the lantern ward concept :/ its the exactly same as what i am doing,
    besides of that lovly work!

Thanks for the notice, I didn't see anyone do a chinese lantern when i started. There are still plenty of other types i can use (If someone wants to collab)*. As for being the same, I don't really think so because mine floats free :D .

*I'm just focusing getting better at making concepts so I won't be doing modeling until I feel satisfied with my skills in concept art.

Still most of the concepts here are up for collab :poly122:
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    hey ghost :) well the flying lantern is 1 or 2 pages back in my thread.. in the meantime i just did some nonflying versions as well.. buy anyway.. it is SO hard to find something rly original! my next try will be a bonzai/cherry tree - treant ward, that holds the lamp in his hands... hope it will turn out good! dno lets see^^

about ur concepts i think u invest into the wrong thing, after all when a project is finished - the concept is *gone* all what people see is the final product. and for a good quality there u need a good modell, good textures and a nice marketing :)

sure some of the other concept guys are MADNESS (like pior for example..)! but after all it does not matter for others, just for urself and maybe ur portfolio^^
    some of the greatest architects EVER had drawing-skills that where same ugly as a 5year old child painting :)

greez!
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock wrote: »
    hey ghost :) well the flying lantern is 1 or 2 pages back in my thread.. in the meantime i just did some nonflying versions as well.. buy anyway.. it is SO hard to find something rly original! my next try will be a bonzai/cherry tree - treant ward, that holds the lamp in his hands... hope it will turn out good! dno lets see^^

about ur concepts i think u invest into the wrong thing, after all when a project is finished - the concept is *gone* all what people see is the final product. and for a good quality there u need a good modell, good textures and a nice marketing :)

sure some of the other concept guys are MADNESS (like pior for example..)! but after all it does not matter for others, just for urself and maybe ur portfolio^^
    some of the greatest architects EVER had drawing-skills that where same ugly as a 5year old child painting :)

greez!

I saw your concepts already, and yes its hard to find something original because it's a set theme based on culture.

The time I invest on the concepts isn't just about making concepts and getting better at drawing, its also about understanding color/proportions and it also goes with studies. Modeling/Sculpting is kind of its own subject. For me, drawing in 2d is the foundation for 3d. And architects just need to use a ruler -.- .

More concepts
    Color (the bottom right one was suppose to have a decal (plum blossoms) but I did that one first and was planning to do that last, but didn't the chance)
    zCH2Uai.png

This is my magnetic monk concept. The three spirits seemed to take a lot from china.... So basically this set is shaolin monk + magnets (lodestones) I couldn't really figure out what to do for the head and shoulders because monks clean shaven as well as wear beads (prior took that). The arms are basically the stock arms with lodestones attached to the elbow and hand
    YJ427jf.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on gyro missiles.
    O8mNcwV.png

Contact me if you want any of my concepts.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had this concept in my head for a while now but I never really got the chance to make it, because I was doing some other items.
    Pudge's Cleaver - Japanese theme - Noodle Knife.
    dAWxFf9.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i've been planning to do a 6 gyro rocket collection, so I drew some more concepts for it.
    IL2kRNO.png
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I like the Blue helmets up there a lot. #7 the most. Is that for a certain character?

You should refine that more, all angles and whatnot, maybe stick it on someone head. I might be into doing it.

Someone mentioned colors, I think he just meant you palette is a little off, maybe a bit bright.
    You can DL and the characters from here
    http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements

I like to pick the one I'm working on, open up the files and select colors from there.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A concept that can be taken as a Courier, Ward, or Treant.

B1AyOXP.png

@baddcog, Yes the helmets are for a certain character. I thought I wrote it down but I guess I didn't. The blue heads are for razor. I didn't choose from a pallete because It was too difficult for me to sample colors on a drawing tablet (samsung note). If you would like to work on the helmets just message me.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I added more to the gyro concept with wings. I actually don't really know what to do with this. The limits of the missile is 200 tris this will be over 200 no matter what. I guess I can make it a courier or even transform it into a set. But I still like the idea of a mini copter missile.
    OwVyHD1.png
    The program I used is krita, does anyone else use it?
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UuSvWNI.jpg

CK - Omni - QOP - Silence - Centaur - Disruptor

Here are some weapons up for collab. So if you want to grab them now just message me. Ill be doing color later and put it up in the collab thread.

For omni I used a morning star as a reference. It is said that the morning star was used as a holy weapon. Mainly used by knights and then later adopted in the lower classes of society.

For Disuptor i gave him an axe because he doesn't really use the hammer for bashing people, so I thought an axe would be cool too.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on concepts from yesterday
    lwdx2Mv.jpg
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    5 more concepts
    Lifestealer - Silencer - Luna - Ember
    eBjwR6X.jpg
    If you want to collaborate PM me.
  • luXor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi, i like your pugna wand concept, i wanna try to do it. Write to me if interested.
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    yo man, I can really see the progress in your concepting abilities. great work here!
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A WIP image of a set for storm disruptor.
    q0tsgW9.png
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some quick roughs for the mount, I'm going for a war-type theme if anyone was wondering
    J80wFPZ.png

(its also up for collab if anyone is interested)
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I kept going at the concept and here's what I got, eventually.
    Last:
    yqOJ9sB.png
    First -> 2nd Last.
    20cUN11.jpg

Its open for collab, and any crits or comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d6hPYpc.png
    This is the mount.
    (still open for collab)
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man your drawing skill improved so much. Liked the distruptor set but not sure about back piece.