Home Unreal Engine

Move player start after cinematic

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
I am having trouble moving the player after the cinematic ends. The player hits the trigger at which point a static mesh of the player walks over to something in a matinee. After the matinee is over I would like the player to end up in that spot rather than end up where he first triggered the cinematic.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    hm...there's a teleport kismet command you can use that should do the trick
  • theonewhoknocks
    Offline / Send Message
    theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
    I do that but as soon as the cinematic ends the player dies where he triggered the cinematic.
  • blankslatejoe
    Offline / Send Message
    hrm..that's not supposed to happen. Can you post a screenshot of your kismet layout?
  • theonewhoknocks
  • blankslatejoe
    Offline / Send Message
    So let me get this straight--

On trigger3 touched you:
    -Freeze player input

-Unhide a replacement skeletal mesh for the player and a "fox" mesh
    -play the cinematic

on completion of the cinematic you:
    -REhide the skeletal meshes
    -reneable input
    -teleport player

Well, one thing that I'd do for better logic flow is order the operations, rather than shotgun fire all those nodes from the trigger node--you can't rely on Unreal to time the togglehidden and the cinematic the same way on all machines, for example, so to force the order I'd create a chain like so:
    Trigger>Toggleinput>togglehidden>cinematic>togglehidden>toggleinput>teleport, rather than directly linking three codependent(for gameplay) nodes out from trigger and from the cinematic complete.

As for the player dying...hmm..try placing a NOTE actor or a dummy trigger in the level instead and teleporting to that. I've never encountered it before, but perhaps teleporting to a playerstart causes some pawn respawning state to kick in.

Alternatively--you're teleporting ALLplayers to that spawnpoint....at the same time. They'll telefrag each other if there's more than one (not sure if this includes Bots or not). I'd drop an object variable out from the TRIGGERnode's instigator tab, and then feed that object into the toggleinput and the teleport nodes--that way you're sure you're firing the teleport on the guy who triggered the cinematic.

Or just uncheck ALLPLAYERS from that player variable you have...but then you risk not catching the right player if this is a multiplayer game.

Anyway, goodluck!