Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Brandon K. - Environment Artist

Hey Polycounters, I had to take a break from the industry, due to being unable to relocate, but now I'm able to move again. Having some trouble due to the gap in my resume so if anyone knows of any Junior positions available I'm just looking to get my foot back in the door.

Take a look at my portfolio and tell me what you think www.brandon3d.com

Replies

• sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    One of the main things that stuck out to me was there seems to be a very low image resolution on some of your images, most notably the Epic Mickey screenshots. I think it really detracts from the presentation of the whole thing.

I really like most of the work on there, reminds a little of some of the stuff I've done. :) But I think the two projects that bring the bar of quality down are the Modular Building and Hand Painted Textures sections. I think you could maybe cut those completely (except for the plant asset, which I think looks okay if not a little plain).

The outpost scene has a really sweet architectural design but most of the building is deeply shadowed (which I think is the whole point of the tarps - to block the blazing sun) but unfortunately it makes some shots come off as too dark to read I think.

My last nitpick is the presentation of the photo-realistic textures. I think the textures themselves look good, but the arrangement of the text and images seems weird. I think if you put each distinct texture on one sheet with its own respective spec and normal map it would make more sense. But that's just minor nitpicking on my part.

Good luck on the job search!
  • FractaL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey I'm a Brandon K too!

Good stuff overall, I love the corridor scene!