Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feng Zhu Tank

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
So i am reworking some old 3d work of mine and one of the things i really wanted to re work was a tank model by Feng Zhu.

I really want to add more handpainted texture work to my portfolio and seeing that there isnt so many hand painted vehicles done,the result could be quite cool.

The model is done,mostly unwrapped but im a bit worried about the resolution. As you can see the model is an unwrapping nightmare. Ive tried to resuse as much as possible but with the amount of unique elements im afraid even at 2048 x 2048 it might not be enough resolution.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Bumping this due to these damn bloody spam bots.
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    the images are not showing up
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Azkur wrote: »
    the images are not showing up

Well i just put up the concept,i have an unwrap but have yet began to texture it,im thinking about reworks to the unwrap.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Nothing to critique on yet really. Why not post up some pics?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Ok here is a render of the model with the light map,i had to make a few design changes to make sure everything i mirrored worked well and i also need to adjust a few elements of the light map.

This was an old model you might have seen me working on before but alot of the UVs have been reworked for better resolution.

Ao and template are below.

7447908986_4a458c4f92_b.jpg

7447889262_e73bb2d9f5_b.jpg
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I suppose this will be all handpainted? All of the proportions seem spot on from a top-down kind of view, but it's looking a bit tall on the center box bit and the cylinder tower bit. so it ends up looking a little cartoony. Dunno if that's the intention, but looking forward to textures! :)
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    A udate on the tank,ive chosen to give it a desert color scheme because for some reason it looks like some sort of quick hit and a attack vehicle. Got all of the basic details down, so ive moved on to the weathering but im still unsure what i will do with it in terms of decorative elements.

7589047622_d47a6fb4c3_b.jpg
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Small update for tonight,i decided to take a little break from texturing all the detail and wear on the tank. Instead i began to model acessories to the tank,since i dont have another concept to go from,ive decided to take the idea and add on to it.

The final look for the tank will be of a lone,beat up desert vehicle that has seen alot of action,so the extra bits im modeling and texturing will be things you see on a desert vehicle,so tonight i made a little water cannister,its still WIP hence why its so clean...

7598829748_13d4f89587_o.jpg