Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Table

Hey guys working on some more stuff, really working on hp>lp modeling. Working on a sci fi table, me and my friend concepted out a futuristic diner sorta deal. Maybe i will model it for now just the table. Rendered in Maramoset. I will have a hologram coming out of the emitter

My question is how does everyone go about decided on a color layout? We just did pencil sketch's with no color. So im playing around with it now, but what helps you decide what to do?

Nick

Replies

• Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    Heaps of different ways to do a color layout. You could do a paint over. I like to actually go in in Maya and select differentfaces and just add different colored materials to them.

As for the design of the table. This is just my personal preference, but I'd lose the pipes. If you're going for a sleek, high-tech sort of look, which it seems like you are in a lot of places, then the pipes look out of place to me.

If you look at games like Mass Effect 2. The design in the high tech cities is very clean and wouldn't have obvious pipes.

That's just my personal preference though.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was going for a cheap dinner kind of feel, futuristic but like a future Denny;s sorta deal. Ill give it a try and take a look.

I usually use your method to block out selections for photoshop, never really tried it to try color scheme. Thanks