Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character in need of crit.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
Been doing uni exams so i had to put everything on hold for a while.

So the gal in question 'Ceros', is just some personal work im doing;

ceros27.jpg

ceros26.jpg

She stands at 5,950 tris, 3,038 verts'

I was working at a 8k budget so ive undershot that which is a plus really. Im on the fence about giving her swooping wings from her back. Ive modeled her back armour to accomadate them but i dont know if it'll be too over the top especially with that cannon of hers.

Ive still got the inside of her mouth to model but that wont change much in terms of getting a crit now ;3

There are a few things that are annoying me as i write this but i need fresh eyes on it before start tearing off parts.

Thanks ~

Replies

• Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    if i had to crit something, it would be the lack of character and the lack of an interesting silhouette. she has no real "character" and at first without reading i thot it was a dude.
  • dogzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dogzer polycounter lvl 8
    I personally love it!.. I little white-ish, though!
  • Hoopla!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hoopla! polygon
    i like it!

about the cannon, what does it do? the parts dont look especially functional. i see a lot of block shapes but i dont get the sense that they do anything. maybe work those shapes into something more mechanical looking? looking good tho.
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    what's the story on that BFG? Feels awkward to me. Or more like Final Fantasy giant sword swinging type o stuff. It guess it kinda matches her crazy over proportionate clothes though. Looking forward to more. hi res stuff would be nice :)
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Alberto Rdrgz

What would you say thats bland about it? I mean her silhouette is quite shit from the front without the cannon, theres nothing really eye catching about it as ive ket her armour compact and interlaced. I added over the top parts like the helm, cannon and pants to try and balance it a little. *though the helm is getting re-chalked since it cuts off her Fov and hasnt got much character unless you view it from the top.

The orginal sketch i did had a large shoulder guard with overlapping armour. Saying that she did have a giant demon hand uptill a few people said it looked out of place.

Cerosupclose-1.jpg

@dogzer

Thanks mate! though the white is the Ambient occulsion render ;'D

@Hoopla!

cannon.gif

The idea was for it to charge up and fire. Admitidly its quite basic still, ill hunt around for a few references on generators/BFG's. Ill see at adding a satellite effect when it charges like its orginal version;
    Worldbreakerhigh.jpg

Wbrender4closed.jpg

@SouthpawSid

On the money sid! Was going for a retardly large cannon and Ff themed armour. Everything is aburbly out of proportion and its great xD
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updates, updates.

Cannon got a new work over as did her helm' She got her shoulder guard too.

ceros32.jpg
    ceros31.jpg

Which is easier to read wires from out of those two? Ive toyed with the render settings to make the wires render sharper but im unsure if its for the better aha xD

ceros33.jpg
    ceros34.jpg

As usual all C&C is welcome!