[FIGHTER] Street Fighter, M. Bison, CelebrenIthil

EDIT (18/03): New Concept art:

Bison_Concept.png

So I picked jolly ol' Bison:

sf4-bison.jpg

And for my re-imagining I'm gonna do OH MY GOD I'M THE HUGEST DORK this:

bison-standing.jpg
Herp-a-derp-erp!:poly142:

So, so far I got two way this can branch off (behold teh amazing 10 seconds scribbles):

Realistic, Minotaur-ish M. Beefy Bison:
th_MBison.png

or

HAPPY FUN ANIMAL FRIENDS FIGHTER M. BISON!
th_MBison001.png

The first one would of course look more impressive but it doesn't change much to the character (even if he got a huge cattle head) considering he's already so beefy... the second one is much more... original? Unexpected? Proof I'm really a huge doofus?

I don't know. I guess if anyone wants to give input on the possible art direction this can take, I'll be happy to hear your thoughts!

Also OMG first challenge and all that jazz! :D

Replies

• akacg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg polycounter lvl 12
    HAHA thats a really interesting idea and i think it will work. it would be cool to see if you could change some other parts of him to look a lil more buffalo.
    And i like the symbol on his hat that wat i want to see more of and nice concept
    keep it up!!!
  • onelunglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelunglewis polycounter lvl 10
    good idea, but also think about revampin the costume or something as well. Just changing the head may get stale real fast. Can't wait to see more.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    God damn furries man...make me sick.

But seriously, good idea! I'll have my eye on this.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    SUPREME idea, man! Bison for the win!
  • CelebrenIthil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg wrote: »
    HAHA thats a really interesting idea and i think it will work. it would be cool to see if you could change some other parts of him to look a lil more buffalo.
    And i like the symbol on his hat that wat i want to see more of and nice concept
    keep it up!!!

Yeah, it's not apparent on the scribble but the intention is to fully "minotaur-ize" the character- hooves, a tail, etc. :) Not just an "egyptian god animal head swap" treatment.
    Thanks!
    good idea, but also think about revampin the costume or something as well. Just changing the head may get stale real fast. Can't wait to see more.
    Yes, as I said previously, I hadn't been clear but I fully intend to change the full body.
    Thank you!

darbeenbo wrote: »
    God damn furries man...make me sick.

But seriously, good idea! I'll have my eye on this.

I long for ye olden days where you could draw a minotaur or a cartoon Looney-toon-like character and it wouldn't be associated with mental images of neon-colored sexually suggestive anthropomorphic wolves and the such.
    But, heh, that's the joy of the internet. XD

Thanks a lot
    jramauri wrote: »
    SUPREME idea, man! Bison for the win!

Teehee thank yoouu!
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Lawl nice man,

StevenEgan did something not so dissimilar recently you may like to look to.
    Obviously its not the same animal but seeing what proportions he took etc may be helpful.

Gud luck with it :D
  • CelebrenIthil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lawl nice man,

StevenEgan did something not so dissimilar recently you may like to look to.
    Obviously its not the same animal but seeing what proportions he took etc may be helpful.

Gud luck with it :D

Oh hey niiice! The extreme top-heaviness might be a good idea... Thanks, I'm definitely keeping this as inspiration!

I'll need the luck too, thank you very much! :)
  • CelebrenIthil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumping for new concept art.
    Feedback welcome!
  • Onuris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right now, the bulk in his shoulders is being mostly brought by his shoulder pads... I think you should tone down the pads a bit and bulk up his chest and shoulders more to really push his bison-y goodness. Probably add some shag sneaking out around his gloves too. Gonna be cool.
  • CelebrenIthil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Onuris wrote: »
    Right now, the bulk in his shoulders is being mostly brought by his shoulder pads... I think you should tone down the pads a bit and bulk up his chest and shoulders more to really push his bison-y goodness. Probably add some shag sneaking out around his gloves too. Gonna be cool.

Thanks a lot for the input!
    Indeed, looking at it freshly today, I see he is less hunched and top-heavy than what I had in mind when I started. The head got too cow-like, too. Lost my focus on the shape/proportions a little while concentrating on the rest. Tsk tsk. :poly118:

Good idea about the arm-hair- bisons have their front legs super hairy but I didn't know how to showcase that on a humanoid character with bracers and sleeves.
    Maybe I can do something with puffier sleeves too... accommodate all the fur... hmmm....
  • MellowYeahLow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahah M."BISON" that's awesome.
    but he looks more like a Tauren from World of Warcraft.
  • CelebrenIthil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!

Yeah, he's definitely too cow-ish. But I don't think I'll fully be able to shake-off the Tauren look-alikeness, since it's a humanoid with M. Bison's overblown body shape + bovine features... :/
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    hahaha awesome idea