Home Digital Sketchbooks

SketchBook: CrashAdams

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
crashadams polycounter lvl 7
Trying this one more time...having issues with my polycount account. Here is a character concept I wanted to work on modeling some time...

NerdConcept.jpg

Replies

• JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Interesting, reminds me of the main character from Day of the tentacle, crossed with Millhouse from the Simpsons. :D
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never played day of the tentacle but I've definitely heard of it :) Actually when I finished it and showed it to some friends of mine Ive known for like 20 years they told me it looks alot like a guy we used to know back in like 5th grade...so apparently I subconsciously drew an old classmate lol.
  • DarkStar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Day of the tentacle was a great game!!!
    http://www.electrobeans.de/bilder/20090225-lucasarts-day-of.the-tentacle.jpg

and your drawing make me think of the movie revenge of the nerds...
    http://mimg.ugo.com/200803/20250/revenge-nerds.jpg
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH! yeah I remember day of the tentacle...there was a level or two on Zombies ate my Neighbors that had monsters that looked like those tentacles too...
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on sprucing up a game a friend of mine and I put together back in 03-04. I don't usually do environment stuff as I'm more character minded....I KNOW the roads here don't look right...too perfect I think....maybe the curbs aren't needed?

NavoraNow_001.png
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Looks good, if you are making the models too, and depending on game mechanics - you could recess them a little.

I'd also suggest a road texture (if you're not going to do dirt/asphalt) that tiles in two axes, that way when you have intersections in the picture, you won't have such glaring seam.

At the moment that's the only thing that glaringly stands out, it's as if the roads are made of horizontal wall sections.

Keep it up!
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah I'm thinking I need to rethink them a tad...the engine is "Secondlife" it's a tad limited though I could add some geometry to the spots where road should be to make them appear to be recessed a bit..and yeah I see what you mean about the wall sections. the entire floor of the town is made out of a flat "poly" cube so alot of the road bits are "decals" sortof laying ontop of the cobblestone...
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on this a bit...removed the road decals...planning on adding curbs around the buildings to "recess" the cobblestone in areas that are not sidewalk/buildings. give them implied status as roadways...

two pics here, one to show selection of the cubes that make up the floor, and the other to just show without the decals...

NavoraRoad_selection.jpg

NavoraRoad_sansroads_002.png
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't posted to polycount for....um...quite some time...haha. I've been away at college, finishing up my bachelors which I THINK I started after the last time I posted here...ahem...

Anyway I saw a post about the new sketchfab feature and thought I'd try it out. For a character creation class I chose a concept by the awesome Jouste The Drawbarian... (jouste.deviantart.com/)

[SKETCHFAB]qBcg79BHx8Cl5V8MBrPjTMFyiCN[/SKETCHFAB]
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on a couple things to help a friend promote his game on kickstarter. Dropsy the clown. Good stuff. :)

Here is the link to the kickstarter page, this is his 3rd attempt and It looks like he's going to make it this time. :) Both the base mesh and high rez both made in zbrush.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

DropsyZbrushSnapshot_zps76f386bc.jpg

DropsyPhotograph_zps513151a5.jpg

DropsyBasemesh_zps610292ba.jpg
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bit more blocking on the dropsy sculpt...another detail pass and polypainting tomorrow. Than It's some nifty retopoing followed by uvmapping in maya, material baking and photoshopping...one of my goals as well is to get comfortable setting up useable rigs as well so I'll probably set him up with a basic IK/FK system so I can at least give him a basic walk cycle.

ScreenShot2013-10-27at65034AM_zps056a2fc9.png

DropsyUpdate1_zps8664e902.jpg
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to re visit an old game rez model I did of Finn from Adventure Time, dug him up out of my old hard drive still in a T pose and uvmapped game ready low poly and all that.

Not finished yet but I did some posing, added the sword and rug and did some sculpting. I think I may add some wood flooring under the rug and maybe BMO sitting on the floor beside him...I'll 3d print it when it's done I'm sure, would be cool to have for my own collection.

11760115_10152985695273837_7645512337963102016_n.jpg?oh=56e4d61afce181339ba69fa59bffb6b9&oe=56217680
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bit more progress before work...having fun complicating it so I may add more to it...we'll see I guess.

11705708_10152988257073837_8332051456570297266_o.jpg