Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Carp's M416

Hey all, been busy with the rifle and made the initial bakes but I have run into a snag.

Here are the shots from Marmo:
m416bake01.png

m416bake02.png

m416bake03.png

I'm getting some weird artifacting all over but it is most prevelant here on the butt stock and back of the magazine. Thinking I will need to explode the model but just not 100% sure what the problem is. Crits and comments always welcome :D

Original Post:

So in continuing my hard surface learning's I've decided to tone down a bit and instead of doing another environment I am going to do a rifle. The rifle I chose is the Heckler and Koch model 416 modded. Yes I know not another m4 type rifle but I chose this particular weapon because I have intimate knowledge of the Stoner rifle series (I am a veteran of the Army Infantry).

I'm planning for a base m416 rifle with a 10/ 12 in. barrel. Modes will be a PEQ-15, EOTech 551, Surefire TAC light, and various MAGPUL assorted bits and bobs.

I've already begun work by gathering loads of references from that thing called the internet and my own photos (I have my own M4 as well, really handy for modeling this weapon as it sits in my lap).

referenceboardM416.png

So far I have most of the rifle blocked out and am in the beginnings of refining various pieces. Shall have another update soon.

m416_plane_high01-1.png

m416_wired_high01-1.png

Replies