Home Technical Talk

mudbox mesh tearing

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
I've opened a mudbox file ive been working on and somehow the file decided to break vertices in a grid fashion along the whole model which is a plane. Its almost as if it broke the vertices of my level 2 subdivision level and carried that in the upper levels.. but my level 2 isnt broken at all.

does anyone know the easiest way to fix this and how to make sure this doesnt happen again?

PWV5A.jpg

Replies

• oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    mud isnt breaking verticies... sometimes its an graphic update issue... but the verts arnt really splitted there... are you sure your level0 mesh is fine..?
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    It looks like they weren´t merged from the start(if it´s not a graphical issue)
  • Macattackk
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    i think it might be a graphical error that starts after level 2. level 0-->2 is fine. when i sculpt on higher levels it does this breaking but when i sculpt over that part again it fixes it...... so I just need to deal with this, or is there a fix? cause it feels very awkward sculpting with this problem.

I added a new subdivision level 5 and the error is fixed in 5 so now the error appears in levels 3 and 4.

the mesh is a plane exported from maya so it doesnt have any broken vertices.
  • KristianT
    I get that all the time on my ati card but not the nvidia. It dissapears and rea appears on different sub divisions but i have noticed that applying one subdivision in max before export usually does the trick. i dont know why.