Home Technical Talk

Md5/ iqm export help

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
F11rst19 polycounter lvl 6
I have some questions on exporting md5 or iqm into an engine that supports both.
The guy who upgraded wolfenstein ET has a new engine called open wolf. And I not sure on exporting iqm animations/ models. Are there any tutorials on iqm.

If anybody knows thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    For MD5, trying looking at the doom3/q4/ETQW sdk's.

http://www.doom3world.org/ is a good place for idTech modding.

Fellow Polycount member Mop also did a tutorial for 3DWorld that covered the export process from 3ds Max to the ETQW engine. Unfortunately this tutorial seems to be offline. I have i downloaded and could upload it, but don't know what the legal status is on this.
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    irrc doom3 itself imported maya files and saved md5s. Rather than using an exporter in a 3d program. The console command do it is "exportmodels" or "exportmodels filename.def"
  • F11rst19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the links. I will check this out pronto...
  • F11rst19
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How are you able to create new animations for the character model... For example say if a human model has ONLY

-walkforward.md5anima
    -walkbackward.md5anima

Do you just add a new animation such as (walksidewaysright.md5anima) and change it the same text in the cfg? And it will work ingame according to your cfg....
    Im not sure how it works when adding a new animation to the character model.

How will the engine know what the animation is- Another example - say if I add another new animation- (crouchwalkf.md5anima) I export to the correct folder- go ingame- and press (c) to crouch then press the up arrow simultaneously- how will the engine knw that I want it to walk forward.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    The animation lists are stored in .def files.
    If your just replacing the current animations then you can just overwrite the current ones. If you need extra ones, then they will probably need to be coded in.
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19