Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Site - Looking for feedback!

hey guys,

did an overhaul on the look of my website. please crit. away!

Portfolio Site

Replies

• neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    Looks nice! Love to see some finished textured stuff.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Nice modeling skills, but you need more finished textured pieces and even better: textured pieces, that are lit and put into a game engine. :) But good work so far!
  • MiAlx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    nice models man! But i agree with Chris, texturing, lighting and putting it into an engine would make your models look even better!
    Btw.. How much time did you get for the epic art test, if you dont mind me asking?
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Nice high poly stuff. Would nice nice to see some finished low poly stuff though.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    navigation was simple enough- the character page has some images in the last row or two with some nasty pixelation/aliasing.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Almost all your models are vertical, yet the homepage uses horizontal thumbnails. Why? Using vertical thumbs would make them much more informative.

Portfolio_MattBischoff.png

Also, your site is very very grey. Everything is grey, except the wireframe - which is precisely the one thing I'd advise to keep black or grey.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Love the vertical thumbs idea.

A splash of color would be great. The background is super light too. I would darken that up a smidge.
  • mbischof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loving the feedback. It will really help as I make a big push in getting new art onto the site. Going to push for much more textured game art, rendered in real time.

neilberad - totally agree

chrisadsby - thanks! going to try and get more udk stuff up very soon

MiAlx - going to start getting udk work up asap. I had 2 weeks to model

LMP - thanks! totally agree

Dan - going to remove that image, was something out of maya viewport.. Thanks for the heads up!

Snader - love the idea, going to play around with incorporating vertical and horizontal tiles into the site. p.s. the names you came up with are awesome!

jeffro - i'll play around with the background more, thanks!