Home Technical Talk

Baking Multiple Shaders on one Mesh in MAya

poopsterspappy
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
poopsterspappy polycounter lvl 7
I hope someone can help me. I was hoping someone could explain how to bake out multiple shaders on a single mesh in Maya.This is for the purpose of making selections in photoshop quicker. I know I can bake out individual maps and combine them in photoshop but it's so damn laborious. By the way I suck at MEL just a heads up

Replies

• bk3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bk3d polycounter lvl 5
    i have a feature like what you want in my Ninja UV tools. You can bake out light maps. color maps. AO maps etc. It can also combine all the maps into a PSD. Just watch this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3lJ3KeZZ8"]Ninja_UV (Bake Textures Demo) - YouTube[/ame]
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I hope someone can help me. I was hoping someone could explain how to bake out multiple shaders on a single mesh in Maya.This is for the purpose of making selections in photoshop quicker. I know I can bake out individual maps and combine them in photoshop but it's so damn laborious. By the way I suck at MEL just a heads up

I don't know how you're baking them, but transfer maps and choose the diffuse option will do what you're looking for.
  • poopsterspappy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BK3D, I went ahead and purchased UV Ninja...worth every penny :) Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. Now I have yet another UI and workflow to learn....LOL. Umm, if you dont mind me picking your brain. I'm kinda new to texturing for games and even though it's off the subject what role do UV' sets play in UDK...if you know the answer.

Thanks P.Pappy
  • poopsterspappy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input m4dcow, but wouldn't transfer maps require two meshes.....I guess I could just duplicate the mesh and bake the multiple shaders into the duplicated mesh if thats what you mean. Sorry I'm kinda new to this workflow