Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Jonas Georgakakis

Sorry for remaking thread, but it was badly labeled.

Anyway, I took the pointers from the previous thread and think it improved my site alot.

Again, what I am focusing on with my site is simplicity, focus on the artwork, and my feeling that scrolling>clicking.

Any critique on the site itself or the work on it is very welcomed.

http://www.jonasgeorgakakis.com/

Replies

• kemny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love your style! Dracula is my favorite.

The scrolling works really well to get me to look at all of your work. I think your goals of simplicity and focus are well met. One thing maybe to think about is a logo? I didn't see your last thread on this, but I feel like building your identity with a logo would be nice. Maybe a button for a downloadable, formal version of your resume as well.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, Kemny.

You are right, maybe I should make a button for a downloadable resum
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    Very sleek, and simple. All the info you need is there and does not detract from the art work. Is that a phone number under your email address? It is up to you but I would be wary of putting personal info like up on the nets. Email should be enough.

Art wise HELLS YEAH! I have been a fan of yours for ages now. I did not even know you worked on "The Saga Of Biorn" no wonder I dig so much.

Awesome work all the around dude.

PS. I like the idea of a logo as well but I am not too sure how you could get it to work with such a simple site and NOT detract from the art. hmm... maybe something in or around your name at both the top and bottom of each page.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, Duncan. That means alot since I am a fan of your work as well. Glad you liked our graduation movie :)

About the phone number, I did give it thought, but I just came to the conclusion that this time of age, people can find your phone number through your mail anyway, had they evil intentions in mind. And since it's a photo, bots can't track it. That was my thought at least, but I'll take it down if I am completely off the mark here?
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    HAH cool stuff! that first character is the perfect thing to start with! :)
  • POFFINGTON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
    Website layout is key when showing a portfolio, and you NAILED IT! Love the work, the Strong-man is awesome! I honestly have no problems with the work or the layout, the only thing I would want is MORE ART! Because all of it is great :) keep up the good work!
  • cox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cox polycounter lvl 10
    I agree with Alberto Rdrgz.
    you may want to put a link to your linkedin and downloadable CV.

Nice style :)
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow thanks guys. Really happy you like it. I'll add LinkedIN links and CV, and start working on something new soon.
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    like the work alot and it's not fair that such great models like the strong man and the vampire don't have any pose. t-pose is too boring for work like that :)

as boss i would like to have a downloadable version of your CV (pdf).

scrolling > clicking :D yes i think that too!
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Great projects man, really nothing to add, art wise your killing it. I personally miss more realistic stuff like the highpoly model at the bottom but thats just my taste. You have a nice and cartoony style, keep it up man :)
  • jsargent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jsargent polycounter lvl 5
    I love your site, I looked it up after seeing your mutant league entry which I voted for :) I'm actually quite upset that Pickles isn't real, he's so cute!! Love the work well done!
  • DarthRevan182
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in terms of the website, you delivered exactly what you set out too and there isn't an information overload.

Your work is really nicely created I love the texturing always the deal breaker when it comes to modelling and you do it perfectly. Pickles is probably my favourite it's cute! :)

good luck to you! :)
  • Camisado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Camisado polycounter lvl 12
    Great layout, it's simple but effective. I love your characters! They are just oozing with personality.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. Means a lot to me.