Home Unreal Engine

Black screen when trying post prosess material effect

I am working with one of the default scenes in UDK and simply trying to add a post process effect. I opened up UTPostProcess_PC and added a new material node to the end of the chain, and enabled it in editor and game. Then I created a new material and took a Scene Texture Sample and multiplied it and wired it's output to the emmisive channel. Then I set the material to BLEND_Translucent and MLM_Unlit. Unfortunately all this gives me is a black screen and I haven't got the slightest clue why or how to go about fixing it.

Here is a screenshot.

f0zud3.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/f0zud3.jpg

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Very strange, I have already a lot of post-process material in my chain which are exactly made like your material. Which version of the UDK do you use ?
    Your package with the material is saved ?
  • Aleia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aleia polycounter lvl 7
    I've got the exact same problem. I'm using UDK November 2011.
    Whether it's saved or not saved doesn't seem to make any difference for me, unfortunately.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    try putting the material effect before the uber post there are some weird things that can happen sometimes.

you can always try and treat your own post process chain. without all the unnecessary stuff if youre just trying out a effect.
  • Aleia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aleia polycounter lvl 7
    I've tried putting it in all different kinds of inputs in the post process chain, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've tried adding a material that comes with UDK as a material effect - no difference there either. It's quite frustrating hehe :)
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    suggestion: Turn it back to blend_Opaque and check to see if there is a checkbox in the material properties along the lines of
    bUsedWithPostProcess. turn it on if its not.
  • Aleia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aleia polycounter lvl 7
    Seems like today it just magically started working again (without me having changed anything). Really weird since I tried restarting the program, and even the computer, just to see if I would get lucky, but I didn't. So I guess today is my lucky day! Random bug, seems like.