Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lp Mailbox

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
floon greentooth
Dear Polycount community,
I'm "Interactive Animation"- student from Munich, Germany (Oktoberfeeeest).
Since i've been lurking polycount for about a year, Adam Bromell convinced me in his IGDA talk, to finaly contribute myself.
Sincerely yours,
floon

Let's start right off..
Because we did not really learn how to "paint" in photoshop in university, but I am eager to learn it, I set my self some kind of a mini challange to handpaint the texture for a lowpoly model.
I guess, because Adam talked about his first mailbox modell, i ended up with a mailbox myself.

eS9Ve.png

Ps.:
By accident i collapsed the ps-layers, so I can't really change much about the texture T__T.
But i hope you guys can still give me some tipps, i can use for my next modells/textures.

Replies

• PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    You could definitely make your texture a lot smaller. You could probably get it down to a 128/256, especially seeming as it is so low poly.

I really like your colour choice though, nice stuff!
  • |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    PogoP wrote: »
    You could definitely make your texture a lot smaller. You could probably get it down to a 128/256, especially seeming as it is so low poly.

I really like your colour choice though, nice stuff!

What Pogo said,

really nice style you have going on there, too.
  • floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Thanks for the feedback :).

It was never meant to be a gameasset or something, but more of a study wherefor i felt more comfortable with more space.
    But you are totaly right, when it comes to actually use this in a game.