Polishing this up, critiques very welcome!~

Replies

• Impala88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very nice :)

Couple of things:
    Waist could do with widening a tad, looks just a bit too thin at the mo
    the sleaves wrinkles don't seem to fall the way you'd expect them too, they look like they're made from a much heavy material than what pirate's garb usually appears as.

Is Penelope Cruz's character in "on stranger tides" one of your references? i'm getting that kind of vibe from the over-all appearance.

I must say i really like the gun holster setup :)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Thx for the crits, will definitely touch those parts up! It originally was fanart for the Vanquisher character from Torchlight, then I started adding other complimentary elements;
    Vanquisher_GofG.jpg
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    id say the proportions still need a little tweaking. her belly button seems really low right now imo. i like the character btw.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the super thin thing works well in the stylized concept, but isn't jiving so well in the realistic sculpt, in my opinion anyways
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    RogueBackWIP9.jpg

As I worked on this, I kept thinking of how silly fantasy outfits for women are, like this one, they leave a lot of vital areas exposed, wouldn't she die pretty quickly? Also, I was a big fan of the idea in Crysis 2 where the Nanosuit was holding together the player inside from dying and falling apart. So I figured combine that with the original idea that this character was from Torchlight where the player's body was both augmented and being corrupted by Ember, and here's my loophole for sexy revealing armor; she's battle damaged, with normally mortal wounds, but the ember flowing throughout her body is what is holding her body together and allowing her to survive! Can't wait to start painting glowy bits in the wounds and glyphs on her skin! Almost retopo time!
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    That's an interesting idea although it sounds like it it could get out of hand quickly and make things overly busy and difficult to interpret. I don't think you should design around trying to justify a skimpy outfit. If it fits into the kind of project you're doing then you should do whatever you want. And if skimpy outfits weigh heavily on your mind then it's probably best to just not make them? But that's me speaking without seeing how you're going to handle this. Who knows, maybe it will turn out great. She kind of looks like a pirate zombie right now with those wounds.

Having the gun on the lower leg looks rather inconvenient and weighs the silhouette down to the bottom in an odd way for me.
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    It's coming along. Hair bothers me, needs some work but I'm sure your still working on it. Tone down on the wounds to give a less zombie look :)
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pirate zombie. Now there's something new :D

But yeah, thats a very mini miniskirt.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    RogueWIP03.jpg
    Still a bit of tinkering to go..but plenty of progress made since last WIP shot!
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    "As I worked on this, I kept thinking of how silly fantasy outfits for women are, like this one, they leave a lot of vital areas exposed, wouldn't she die pretty quickly?"

my thoughts exactly... i keep trying to make characters with realistic armor that will be easy to fight in and protect him too... fantasy artwork with seminaked chicks has warped us all heheh. keep up the good work.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Didn't like how it end so revamped some things;
    Rogue_Realtime02.jpg