Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Scene

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Sliterin polycounter lvl 11
I want to present first part of scene what I want to create. I don't do scene with pillar what I done before, because I don't really like "concept". I make this thread to gain some tips and informations from you to do my parts better. And if you have idea how I can do this better please write it (especially I write about textures)!

Concept what I use as inspiration (I take it from CGHub but I don't remember nickname of someone who made it [if you know please write me here]):

Orginal version what I will use to do good lighting and climate:
103max.th.jpg

Lighter version what I use to model and texture scene:
103max2.th.jpg

Pillar have 85 tris, 2048 x 2048 textures.

Screens from model viewer in UDK:
92193402.jpg
35135948.jpg
72493463.jpg
47773886.jpg
97902464.jpg
10375759.jpg
24645351.jpg
diffuse.th.jpg
normalwd.th.jpg
specularq.th.jpg

Replies

• ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I think your spec is too broad and overall very bright. I think you can do better if it had a little more contrast. Especially with edge hi-lights of some sort or lighting the bolts. Theres a bunch of stuff you can do. Also your normal map is a bit on the wonky side. When you bake out I recommend just hardening all the edges of the low poly. You don't really have much of a reason softening it considering all the edges are supposed to be hard in your high.

Another thing, you can probably just mirror the prop in your UV texture. You'll get more use out of it.

ps. Would the prop really look that dirty?