Home Technical Talk

3dsm - want to morph an already skinned character

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
noktek polycounter lvl 7
Hello everybody
I've been working on a small "personal" project for the last year and now i have this main character, almost fully animated, that we need to "fix".

Fix means making her shorter, bit chubbier, flatter. Basically i wont change the topology or the textures or anything else, what i need is to put a morph modifier on top of my skin modifier without everything exploding and keeping the animation. at the moment i only have an edit poly and on top of it the skin modifier. (its all animated with CAT).

How would i go about this?

Replies

• r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    you cant really change the length of the limbs once you've skinned unless your rig can handle it.
    for her weight/figure put the morpher underneath the skin modifier. morpher doesnt change topology so its safe to put it beneath the skin.
  • noktek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noktek polycounter lvl 7
    I tried doing so but for some reason it messes up the mesh.
    i turned CAT off and exported the char on T-stance at frame zero, applied some basic adjustment in mudbox and tried reimporting/morphing, but it didnt work...
  • noktek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noktek polycounter lvl 7
    nevermind, i think i had some crap enabled on the obj exporter, it now works but shifts my char in space. guess ill sort that out.. thanks!