Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Splash Damage Art Test - Mystichobo's take

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
Hey Guys,
Thought I might as well post up my version of the Splash Damage Art Test :) Got bored and felt like doing it on my last uni holidays.

Marmoset:
sdarttesttg.jpg
Cryengine 3:
sdatce3.jpg
Flats:
Maps.jpg
Wires:
Wires.jpg
HP (ended up using an alpha mapped plane for the vent things):
arttest4.jpg

Replies

• Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Modeling looks great, but the texturing is reading has it's all made from plastic, if that is what it is supposed to made of then good, but id suggest adding a gloss map to break up the surface variation.
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    Ok, very slight necrobump, but I've totally reworked the spec, and tweaked a couple of the other maps.

splashdamagemarmoreworkmaterials.jpg
    splashdamagemarmoreworkmaterialswires.jpg

Looks like metal now :P
  • MaVCArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8
    if I may, I feel those red crosses break up the areas they're in, and they don't really fit the color scheme... you went for a fairly clean texture, which really fits the concept, but those crosses don't seem to fit the image... maybe you should try it without them?

also, I would have another look at those scratches: in some places they don't seem natural.

other than that, this really seems to fit the concept provided by splash damage, so great job :)
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    I don´t know if this is already done, but there are my thoughts:

Maybe those red crosses are too "new" comparing with the rest.
    Also As far as I remember this structure is quite big, those scratches looks too big for a structure this big and also they look too random.
    Try to think where they would happen. E.g.: Lift cars hiting the sides, rain drips, mud on the lower parts, scratches close to panels, rust on the occluded parts, this kind of stuff.

I hope this helps... :poly124: