Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

electra

HAL
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
HAL polycounter lvl 13
Finally finished this :)

This character started as an entry for that unoffical challange that was going on some time ago ( this one )

e:// After receiving all the great critique I worked on the face again. thx !

~28k tris, 2^2048 textures
viewed in 3dsmax with xoliul/3point shader

Highpoly was done in blender, details were added in Mudbox headsculpt as well; Textured mostly in mudbox cleanup in Photoshop, viewed in 3ds max.

Will post wip pics.

Img dump time!

final.jpg
beautyshot-1.jpg
finalsbackfront.jpg
maps.jpg

Thanks to all the people supporting me with critique, special thanks to slaught for persuading me into redoing the head :D

Also thx too all the people here as well (oh and the character study group :D )

Replies

• HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Here are some of the wip images showing the chronology from initial thumbs to the nearly done piece.

stuff.jpg
    mporeof2.jpg
    full.jpg
    blockout.jpg
    premudbox2.jpg
    mudboxsmallb.jpg
    baked.jpg
    dunno.jpg

Aaaaaand wires.

wires.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hey man it looks awesome! the face/head tho is letting it down a little bit imo.. I think it needs more texture detail, and more carefully placed brushmarks (what I mean is, the hair edge and eyebrows kinda look drawn on with a marker pen, sorry to sound harsh). Maybe try playing around with the spec map on the hair too, make it look like there's some finer hair detail going on?

please give it one last little push to boost the head quality and the whole thing will shine for it :)

PS, friggin love the body suit proportions/design
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks, and no its not harsh :)

Glad you like the suit.

you guys are awesome. all of you. You got me into working on the head again ;D
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    Good work!
    But if you don´t mind there are a few things I personaly think could be different.

-Yes, her head need some more care...looks odd.
    -Her hand looks too small, and her arms need some work on the general curves.
    -Also some hard surface parts looks too organic, as made by clay. Need more refined surfaces. (mainly in her neck)

For the next project maybe... :\
  • Jae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jae
    I think the hands are fine actually, I really like the result, great job! Though I do agree with everything Rooster said on the head.
    I believe in the first pic that's her gun? There's not a whole lot of detail on it. It kind of looks like it's a toy. Maybe some futrher detail on that would make it perfect. :D
    Love the final outcome.
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Fixed a lot of stuff thx guys!

updates see first post :)

fabio brasilien:

I guess that was the awkward perspektive of the shot with the handsize, thx though

Jae: The gun is just a sideprop... I figured detailing it too much wouldve shifted the focus from the character to the gun?
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    check her hairline. It is too far away from her face, especially on the sides. Her arms are also way too small. Also, she is crosseyed. Rotate her eyes out more.
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    thx! its done for good now though (really) wont touch it anymore ;D