Hey, we need a maya scripts thread on this.
I'm gonna start pointing out some cool ones I use:
- Go from Maya to photoshop - great way to texture your model without having too much exporting and importing.
- UV Ninja
- Great tool that adds tons of uv functions many people don't know in Maya and it's all on it's interface, $20 bucks tho.
- Same thing as in Max, kills history and detach a mesh without leaving history and group trash, it simply duplicates the mesh and deletes the inverted faces. (i think)
- FB combine
- (from Chris Whitaker aka Funky Bunnies) - this is a simple script, but a life safer. It's a toggle for combining and separate meshes without losing pivots AND without leaving trash/history/groups.
- It creates some worn edges (cavity) on the vertex colors in maya, and you can bake that to texture later and create masks, etc. Pretty handy.
- Nmap Based baking AO
- I don't use this as much, but I thought it could be useful for some people.
- spPaint 3d
- I use this guy all the time, paint meshes everywhere, random scale, rotation, and other settings by instancing, or just duplicating. Extremely useful for env. artists out there.
- Batch change attributes
- The name says it all
- fRay Boolean Master
- Had to use this once, it lets u keep boolean many objects without loseing history.
If you have HANDY scripts that you use on your daily basis, please share! I'll be updating the list here too.