Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Scifix

Scifix
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Scifix polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys! A friend of mine from school swears by this site and after looking around for a few weeks I am starting a sketchbook. I am currently self teaching game art. I do have a Bachelor's but I didn't like Graphic Design so I took a few semesters of 3D Animation at AI last year. Money was short so now I am teaching myself at home.

Please take a look at my work and tell me what you think. I am big fan of getting solid critique so don't be shy.

These are a few character pieces I practiced zbrush and max with
copterprezbrush.jpg
reaverrendertest2.jpg
guillerender3wip.jpg
mermaidrender2.jpg

This picture is of my latest work in progress. Everything I have made so far is an incomplete mess so this is probably a good start.

tikirendertextures12.jpg

And below is the concept I used(loosely). Props to that man Tuomas Korpi.

beachbar04.jpg

Replies

• Scifix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scifix polycounter lvl 9
    Here is a tank I am working on. Abrams. Anyway I got to a detail panel that looks more like a vent but I can't get the normals to work. I am still a bit of a n00b at doing normals.

tankwip.jpg

panel with hi-poly next to it
    normalswtf.jpg

normal I got in 3ds max projection
    panellpnormalsmap.jpg
  • Eoq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eoq polycounter lvl 8
    Wow, cool looking vehucle on your first post man. And about that last thing you posted, the panel, it's looking a little wonky but perhaps it's just only the angle. And if the backside ain't showing, remove that face from the model else it's just taking up unnecesary space on the UV. It's going to be intresting to see how you unfold the UV for the tank, keep it up man!
  • Scifix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scifix polycounter lvl 9
    Well it has been a long ass time but I am going to make a comeback. I'm going to start doing some serious game assets and I would like all the feedback you guys can give. Enough slacking on my part. Here is the first thing I am working on.

Concept(thanks Mr. Pavel Savchuk)
    H09LO.jpg
    progress render
    aCh29.jpg
    hi-poly wires so far
    WzKPv.jpg

I am still trying to figure out what stuff should or should not be floating geometry. Maybe nowadays I should just export to Zbrush? All comments appreciated.