Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lets smoke Hookah

lighting needs work, and i still have to fix some things but I am almost to what I think i can call done. Crits please :) Thanks

5807473388_3ddc39c7a9_b.jpg

Replies

• mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    hmmm, looks like a good start, maybe a bit clean though?

Also, could do with some sort of border where the cut out in the rear wall is, it just looks a bit weird there, and would add a bit more visual interest.

Cheers,
    Hobo
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    All the pillows look photoshopped in? You have this weird haloing effect going on around some of the props like it was a bad composite.
    And the pillow in the middle (right behind the hooka bong) is going through the little dip on the floor. Also you might knock back the self-illumination on the 2 windows... they pop a bit too much.

Lastly I don't know if this is realtime or not... But you could use some ambient occlusion to help ground some things. Whether that is a pass or baking it in... You stuff just needs some contrast/pop to make it more interesting.

Hope that helps :)
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Too dark fosho, check image histogram.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    it needs some drapes on the walls. Some curtains and so on.

this sort of thing:

nclgh_phototour24.jpg
  • minimari
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt: I definitely agree, thanks for that reference! It helps a lot!

Jeremiah: LOL no they arent photoshoped in but yeah I will have to see where I get that ambient occlusion in UDK.

mystichobo: Totally agree, I think once I add curtains, and fix lighting it'll be better!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!!