Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Z-Brush sculpt - Wolfman Head

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
wolfman_02_by_bombshell93-d37vgyh.png
This is my Wolfman head sculpt, I'm not sure how long it took me but it seems to have held good topology when I put it down into lower subdivisions.
I used grab, clay tubes and polish mostly, though standard came in handy with certain details when I mixed it with inflate.

Here is an earlier version, shown from all sides unposed,
wolfman_01_by_bombshell93-d37jx9k.png
The sculpting wasn't as crisp but you can see the shape of it well enough.

Please criticize constructively, let me know what needs changing and if anything would compliment its shape, I've been considering extending it with a body, or at the very least making it a bust.

Thanks for reading,
Bombshell

Replies

• disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    I like where this is going.
    What bothers me is the blob on top his nose. Try defining those a bit more and get a decent reference to see where are the wrinkles will start from and how would they develop. I guess you can define a bit more everything else too. It looks like a solid start.
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    It's a good start dude, the overall mass looks like it could yield a cool result. Right now though it's super blobby and undefined, like it's just the first pass at form. You're hinting at a nose, lips and eyelids but they are all way too soft and rounded. All the random looking bumps along the nose and around the jawline also look more like he's got some weird stuff under his skin rather than muscles, probably because they aren't grounded in reality. I'd recommend grabbing some ref of wolves snarling or something of that nature and see where your sculpt is straying from them.
  • awesome welles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome welles polycounter lvl 12
    youve definatly got the foundations for a solid bust here but work more on replicating the more wolflike features on him dont go into to much detail yet just work on what makes a wolfman look like a wolfman just stare at a bunch of refrence for ages and challenge yourself to pick 10 things that make it look like a wolfman just in the key facial areas then start to work them into your model one by one, very promising start ive seen alot worse :)

oh also try and figure out exactly how what percentage of the sculpt is man and what is wolf,

is he going to have more hair than skin?

is he going to be ripped?

has he got a human mind still or is he feral?

if he still has controll of his human brain does he wear things to remind him of his humanity?

all these things will make him into a great character

try and tell his story with assets and scars and loads of fine detail

keep at it :)
  • Bombshell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
    I've been messing with brush experimentation and considering coming back to this model (when I posted it up it was an old sculpt) and so now I think I have a better grasp of details in zbrush.
    As for the character, the form of it is meant to be a wolf, the attitude and posture and hair, is that of a man.
    So its a bald, arrogant, biped, wolf.