Home Technical Talk

Reorder Deformers not working

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever had any trouble changing the order of their deformers in Maya 2010? A mesh I have has the following inputs in this order:
Shapes
-BasepadShape
-Basepad_parentConstraint1

Inputs
-blendShape3
-bend18
-bend16
-skinCluster3
-tweak185

The blendShape I'm trying to do is moving to the origin. I found out that I need to have the skinCluster's input ABOVE the the blendShape... however, when I right click on my mesh and mouse over Inputs, I get "Select", "Enable" and "Disable," but no "All Inputs...," which would allow me to reorder.

If I use the MEL command: "string $sel[] = `ls -sl`; detachHistoryTable $sel[0] 0 input ""; select $sel;", it brings up a blank list.

I tried: "reorderDeformers blendShape3 skinCluster3 tweak1;" as well. No dice.

It's pretty frustrating... I'd like to avoid redoing what I've done :(

EDIT: Something to add is that the color of the hypergraph connections to each input is gray. I'm not sure if that's usually how it is or not, but I can't delete them to reorder them that way either.

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    I've always reordered deformations by going to Inputs of Selected Object -> All Inputs... (on the Status Line the icon looks like an arrow pointing inside a box)

This will list the inputs on the mesh and you can middle mouse drag an input and rearrange its placement that way.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Nope, no dice. It still only gives me "Select", "Enable" and "Disable," but no "All Inputs..." I've attached a screenshot, if that helps at all. That's device secures IV tubing on the shoulder. I'm blending it's base to a duplicate that was conformed to the skin using nCloth. I deleted the history of the nCloth so it baked in.

Seeing as I don't want to waste much more time at work on this, I think I will just redo it... yar. But I'm definitely looking for an explaination if anyone has one.
  • fusedgore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fusedgore polycounter lvl 13
    just select a vert on the object then try and see if u can show the inputs