Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Amazonian Warrior

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything. I've been slammed at work and with little to no free time -_-

This is a Rough WIP at the moment looking to get some opinions from you guys. I'm trying to get most of the anatomy work done before I add the light cloths.

I started doing a quick facial expression to get a feel for her persona a little. Any and all feedback would be amazing :D

aella_progress3.jpg

aella_progress4.jpg

Replies

• JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol Thanks for the feedback bro. I realized that weird transition in the but area before and I could have sworn I fixed it, Guess I forgot to save. O well not a hard fix at all.

Thx for the hand rigging tip. I was just going to pose it in zbrush for a still but then again you never know :D
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    raise and pull back the cheek bones and her face sticks out too much.
  • LateWhiteRabbit
    Feet too large, ears too high or the face is too small, shoulders too wide, legs too long(I think, not sure)

There's something wrong with the transition between the lower back and the butt area. "Tap dat" at your own discretion.
    I feel like if you're going to rig it, you should flatten the hands along along an axis rather than having it be diagonal.
    Ears are definitely too high. The bottom earlobe should be roughly in line with the bottom of the nose, and the top of the ear should line up with the eyebrow. This will vary slightly in individuals of course.

Flat hands and arms aren't good for rigging. They are easier to lay out bones for, sure, but it will be more difficult to get good animation once they are rigged if there is no bend for the IK solvers to infer a proper direction. The human hand is never flat unless it is pushed up against something. In other words, JarlanPerez, I would not flatten them along an axis.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    The eyes are too high up and at too much of an angle. Bring them down away from the eyebrows and level them out. Ears are too high as people have already said and her Bum is a bit large on the side view as well.

Keep at it though. Its nearly there.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
  • JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for all the great input everyone. I really appreciate it. I'll post up some progress shots with all the advise given.

Man the ears were really up there. I brought them down and was like "what was I thinking" lol
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Heres a quick liquify of the crit I mentioned. I forgot to do it previously.

basically.

Cranium too high
    Eyes lowered away from brows and leveled out
    Move mouth and nose up a bit
    ears down (as you know)
    head narrowed a bit

Hope that helps.

paintover.gif
  • JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys are awesome.

@Stinger Thanks alot bro. Great help :D

Here's a little bit of progress. I've been pretty short on time lately but managed to do some tweaks here and there. I roughed in a top. Still in progress. I also started on the blades that she's going to be wielding. Nothing to special now just a basic shape of them before I throw them in zbrush for some fun.

Process_4.jpg

Process_5.jpg

Process_6.jpg
  • Endzeit