Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Franklin Lei

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
nilknarf815 polycounter lvl 6
After a lot of self doubt, I've finally decided to "try" and put together a portfolio. What I really lack is a formal education in art, coming from a microbiology bg. Some suggestions I have gotten is that my pieces are too scattered, nothing to tie them together. Any other comments/critiques/advice would be most helpful and appreciated. Now rip me to shreds!

Ogrelom.jpg

WIP, always working on updating...
http://flei.weebly.com/

-Franklin

*edit updated site

Replies

• glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    I have to say that I think your work looks pretty decent.

Only problem is that I'd like to see more of it, really. Maybe even a collection of works done in the same style, to show you can work consisitently to one style.

Nice work, though :)
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    agreed with above comment.

I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at your site, your self doubt is not warranted, keep the work coming and do sets of pieces like suggested and I think you'll do great.
  • nilknarf815
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith: Yessir, adding/finishing up more pieces as I speak. thank you for the advice.
    Cyrael: Thanks man, hopefully employers would think so also...

*updated a new piece, next up traveling chef?

-Frank
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    ok, with a screen res at 1680x1050 i only saw one image and didn't see anything else, clicked on that and it showed me that image, it took me twenty seconds to realize i had to scroll to see the rest of the images...

kinda odd
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    You're blaming the OP's portfolio for you not knowing what scrollbar looks like? :P
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I had no issues figuring out where the rest of the work was. Didn't even have to think about it. Although I agree, perhaps make the first image a TAD smaller, just so that you see the top part of the image below, to give a heads up that you need to scroll down to see the rest of the work.
  • nilknarf815
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom: I see what you mean, thank you for the advice, shrunk the "header" a bit more and added a text that prompts for scrolling down. Thanks for the just-incase-scenerio. What size might you suggest? I'm running on 1920x1080, so yea...
    glynnsmith: he just looking out for me :P.
    Prophecies: Once again good advice, props for looking out!

Shrinking....

-Frank
  • Serp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serp polycounter lvl 17
    It took me about 3 hours to scroll down because my mouse is broken. Very annoyed, I won't be coming back.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    It looks unorganized. All different sizes, widths, just leftaligned. Dirty Dan, Bass, Rob(is that a pun on rob zombie?) look nice, because they're in the same style, and the same width, feels more consistent. If you would resize images to all be the same width (use 2 side by side for portrait oriented images) it'd look a lot better, IMO.

I also only noticed the different categories the 3rd time I visited the site.

Make the email a link, and possibly add more information about yourself.
  • nilknarf815
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serp: OH NOOOES, I am very sorry your mouse was broken. Aren't you glad you stayed 3 hours ;) hahahah. You too funny.
    Snader: Thanks for the advice, what I really want to be able to do is follow this one page format that Hethe did for his portfolio. Apparently left align did not left align to my benefit on my screen.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys really helpful stuff.

-Frank
  • nilknarf815
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump with an updated site!