Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nukem Pig

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
Here is a project me and Svein Yngve Antonsen did in our freetime.

We used Zbrush, Photoshop, Modo, xNormal and Toolbag(Marmoset)

He did all the sculpting and texturing of the skin.
I did model and textured the shotgun, and textured the clothes, stand and boots.

Nukem_pig.jpg
Head_CloseUp.jpg
Tatoo_CloseUp.jpg
Cloth_CloseUp.jpg
Shotgun_CloseUp.jpg
Sculpt_Head_CloseUp.jpg
Sculpt_Sheet.jpg
Pig_wire.jpg
Skin_Sheet.jpg
Clothing_Sheet.jpg
Shotgun_Sheet.jpg
Stand_Sheet.jpg

Replies

• n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good so far! The face looks sort of complicated. I guess it's hard to make a pig-man face though.
  • Laughing_Bun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Laughing_Bun polycounter lvl 17
    the images look muddy and you cant read it very well. You need to tone the ao way down and paint more natural skin colors into the texture. The texture just looks burned right now. The sculpt is pretty good but the game mesh is really unoptimized and has weird topology, you could have gotten a lot better form out of the object if the topology followed the muscle flow a little more.
  • marq4porsche
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marq4porsche polycounter lvl 9
    You need to really optimize your polygon usage, you really shouldn't need more than 6000 polys for this character. Some areas where I can see you cutting down your polys are in the lower arms and on his jeans. You can just start collapsing edges all over the place and still keep your silhouette. Your uv layout could also use some optimization. You have a lot of open areas on your uv map that you should be able to really fill up.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for all the comments :)

We know there is alot that could be done, but we made this under a week, and realy dont have time todo anymore on it.

Since we have been working on another project that needs more care.