Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Piflik polycounter lvl 12
I did! I taw a puddy tat!

So this is my first take on a 'gameready' model...4058 Tris total...I am sure there is much room for improvement...(I am kinda stuck in my SubD workflow...it is really hard, not to apply rules I follow nearly instinctively... ) so shoot me! Give me all you critics, regardless of how harsh they might be...:poly121:

No textures yet (or even UVs....)

Tweety01.jpg

Tweety01_NoCage.jpg

Tweety02_NoCage.jpg
(Ignore the missing feathers on his right arm...didn't turn on 'two-sided' in the Material...)

Yeah...he outgrew his cage...and wears what is left of the 'Bad puddy tat'...

Replies

• iWeReZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha love the idea, do you have an original concept your working from ?

cant wait to see the HP.
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    That was an idea that evolved in my head for some time...

I saw a really cool birdcage, and I wanted to do something with it, so the idea with that giant bird, that literally exploded his cage came to my mind...but little more so I postponed it. I found the Bird + Cage-helmet alone a bit drab...I just couldn't think of any good details for the body...until I thought of Sylvester ;)

...did a really crude pencil sketch (when I first had the Idea, to nt forget it :poly121:), but didn't look at it during modeling...the only reference I used was a photo of a canary's head I googled...

Highpoly follows, when I finished and UVed the Low...still tweaking a bit...the swing on his foot should get replaced...it's not big enough to justify the facecount...maybe an Alpha Plane...at least for the wire...