Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vodun Demon and Centaur Maquettes

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tully polycounter lvl 18
Hallo all,

I have finished a maquette :o This one was an old concept I did years ago, but still quite liked. Was based on a sort of weird clay pot that had a small animal skull tied with twine to the top of it. Lost the photo of that pot, but it stuck with me for some reason!

I was rather hoping to put this in as an entry into next year's Spectrum annual, so I really tried to put the finish to it. I still may chicken out when it comes to entering though, so we'll see :D Mop helped me take some rather nice photos at least!

Clicky for big-res pics.
voduncollage-sm.jpg

And for another tiny sculpey person (with significantly crappier photos, I will admit) -- an as-yet unfinished thing. It's preeetty close to being done, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with it. He'll have a shield and sword in the end, so he won't look like he's snapping his fingers.

cyllarus-WIP01.jpg

Was my first crack at armour, really. Worked out pretty ok, I think -- especially the removable helmet. I'm rather proud that it actually stays on! Overall, learned a bunch on this one, so I might try some braver hard-surface stuff in the future.

Cheers fellows.

Replies