Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Jeff Seaman

Danglebob
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys. Long time member, short time poster.

I graduated college a couple of months ago (BA of Game Art and Design at Art Institute) and revamped my site, put some new work up. you know, the usual. Looking for any feedback really. The more the better. I'm just glad to finally have something up that's relatively current.

www.jseamanart.com
Jeff Seaman, environment/prop artist

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Your unearthly prop looks good, but the tri count is really high, The lighting in the sewer is very boring and flat, and if the ammo crate really needs work, I'd take it off your site until you do a lot more work on it, get some photo references.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Your stuff isn't loading, or taking to long.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ya. not loading. im getting red x's
  • Danglebob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
    thanks for the comments guys.

i took the ammo box off. (i really should not have had it up there anyways). ive been working on the lighting for the sewer to make it more dynamic (and also some other odds and ends suggested from those who saw it first person). Update screens soon to follow.

as for the not loading, im not sure what the problem would be. im using a template for my website through www.carbonmade.com. so none of the code i did.

thanks again for the comments!
  • jett12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On the Unearthly challenge you modeled in a lot of the bolts on the pipe, this seems like wasted geometry, especially on a game model. I honestly cant tell that they are modeled in on the colored model.

You could prolly drop at least a 1000 tris alone just from removing that and normal mapping them.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? your last name is seaman?

really?
  • duoxan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duoxan polycounter lvl 17
    it is, i vouch for him
  • EggE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EggE polycounter lvl 11
    i like the prop , but it is relatively high poly to be an in game model, just clean up some edge loops and simplify it a bit....the sewer level needs work, the materials need to pop, like the bricks...they dont look like they have either a spec, or a normal on them. your inspiration for the level was batman...i havent played the game...unfortunetly! god i suck....but id love to see a screen capture of what they did and a side by side comparison so we can both see what made that level so great.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Looking good, personally I think you have shown you can handpaint textures. *thumbs up
    If you want to persue that avenue I would create 1 more asset that really pops like your shield. because the TF2 however well you matched the art style it doesn't have that pop for me. and your high poly modeling skills show me that you can high poly model. Not that you can high poly model and bake.

and my I just say congratulations on making the Polycount Weekly Recap.

-Alan Mitchell
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    You should show your handpainted texture, it's important. Love the shield, looks really good, you should create more objects in the same style :) Just keep going and add more stuff to your portfolio.
  • gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Is some of the stuff in your folio a little outdated? The hand painted shield stands leagues ahead of your other stuff in quality. I'd do a bunch more hand painted things, maybe a little scene or a pack of other weapons.