Home Technical Talk

Annoying Pink Vertex in Maya and Hiding them..

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, quick question that for some reason I can't seem to figure out. Is there a way in maya to turn off the pink vertex when you render a playblast? It's rather annoying and interruptive. I know that this is a forum that tends more toward the modeling side of things, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Anyhelp would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• jipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jipe polycounter lvl 17
    If it's what I'm thinking, uncheck "Pivots" under the Show menu of your camera viewport.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately that didn't do it.. I'm trying to post an image but there's no way for me to do it unless I host it somewhere else.. I'll work on getting that up..
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    What pink vertex?
    You could go to Component Mode and deselect the object?
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Screenshot and show us what you mean.
    You can hide pretty much everything in your viewport and make even playblasts look pretty sweet for showing hardware rendered results.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've attached an image of what I'm talking about but more specifically you can see what i'm talking about in a playblast video of my animation here. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was real busy for a few days. thanks!

picture1hf.png
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Seems to me like you have vertices displaying always?

I just helped one of my students who had Maya enabling this for all objects in a scene every time he would open a scene. We nuked the prefs since we couldn't figure any better solution.

Anyway, select your model, Ctrl+A for the Attribute Editor, make sure you are viewing the Shape node, under Mesh Component Display uncheck "Show Vertices".

Thats the only thing comes to mind at the moment. Hope it helps.
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Oh and if you are looking for feedback on that animation I'd try holding the anticipation pose before that first jump when he is at the top of the stairs. At the second jump half way down the stairs you are loosing much of the forward motion. Is he supposed to pause here or keep jumping immediately? You got some sliding feet when he has landed the second jump and is running out of the screen. :)

Keep it up.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well that did it. Thanks for the quick response. Really really helpful and good to know..

on the animation crit... Thanks! I'll def. try holding that pose pre jump - a good suggestion. Also I got rid of the ease in on the first downfall, so now it looks a little more realistic - no he's not supposed to pause before the second jump, it was more of an anticipation thing I was trying to get across, but maybe pushed a bit too far. Good catch on the sliding feet on the bottom - I fixed them on the top but didn't catch them on the bottom, I actually was meaning to post an update to this but havn't gotten to it yet.

Thanks again!