Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

White Tiger

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
Well I think this is the first time I have ever posted in the finals section! :O

Here I will present you with my version of White tiger (Angela Del Toro) in the year 2080!

I had so much fun with this character and her little base. I think I had just as much fun making the base as I did the character xD.
What was really challenging for me was painting the textures by hand. I really enjoyed it and definitely will pursue hand painted styles for future art :)

White_Tiger_Full_View_Beauty_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg
White_Tiger_Without_Glasses_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg

White_Tiger_Presentation_Sheet_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg
White_Tiger_Beauty_Shot_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg
White_Tiger_Construction_Sheet_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg
White_Tiger_Texture_Maps_by_Anuxinamoon.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool character! I think it turned out very well :)
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Really nice job! I love the little hover packs, pretty cool. Is that part of the original design? or something you decided on? Lots of really nice little details on this.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh thanks guys! Glad you like her! :D

Poop: Oh the little hover pouches? No they aren't part of the original design. In the original design she has "Default Superhero Belt Thing", which looked totally 90's. And I couldn't get rid of the belt as she uses the pouches to store stolen drugs. :(
    So I made them floaty to make her look more futuristic. :D

If you are interested, here is the reference I used: http://i28.tinypic.com/2rrs5ea.jpg
  • Omar_Nabiev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omar_Nabiev polycounter lvl 18
    I really love this character! +10 for the handpainted textures, they look great.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • Acid.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Freaking awesome! Love the design, model and texture. TBH, I haven't seen a good artist here in Australia in a long while. Most others take their skills from uneducated to unis not up to today's standards.
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sweet.. really like this one.. but why cant i see her eyes in the first picture?
  • NiGHTS2o06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice, my only ever so small nitpick would be that you can see the seams on the fingers in the close up (second image down).

But thats just me being fussy, great job mate.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, nice work!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Oh thanks guys! Glad you like her! :D

Poop: Oh the little hover pouches? No they aren't part of the original design. In the original design she has "Default Superhero Belt Thing", which looked totally 90's. And I couldn't get rid of the belt as she uses the pouches to store stolen drugs. :(
    So I made them floaty to make her look more futuristic. :D

If you are interested, here is the reference I used: http://i28.tinypic.com/2rrs5ea.jpg

Well in that case I'm even more impressed. Awesome job of updating the concept to be more modern. It really makes her design work much better, the belt of the original looked really out of place.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Fantastic character... one thing I just noticed though (really nice touch... ) is the hair on her legs and forearms, incorporating the tiger in there a bit more, ha ha :) Good idea.
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    this turned out great. i agree with poop - hover pouches are awesome.

in the last beauty render i don't think the sunrays are quite working - they're too sharp and too many
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Nice job! Great leg sculpt.

The eyes seem to lack something to me... a bit empty. It's hard to put my finger on but I think it's the shape because it's in the original sculpt as well. You're probably way done and don't care but there ya go :)

Welcome to polycount.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    She is sexy! Love the perspective shot of her :)
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for commenting!

TWilson: Yes the eyes! Ack I hate doing eyes! I can never get them to look right. I guess I need more practice with them :(
    I think they were just too long and flat, so then the iris was painted it, it just didn't fit properly ><

Sectaurs: oh my! You are right! I should have just removed them. Thanks for the pointer. I will have to look out for them next time. Curse you godrays! *shakes fist*

JasonLavoie: Thanks! I actually wish I spent more time on that, I was only able to rough in some hair highlights, but I should have paid more detail to them, cause they just look like brush strokes now :(

Poop: Cheers! That old belt totally reminded me of April from the early TMNT cartoons xD

NiGHTS2o06: Oh dude! You have some sharp eyes! xD Yes I see those seems! Damm seams! I though I got them all! haha. Always something that eludes you at 2am D:

Acid: Yeah Its a shame about the courses in Aus, I did the qantm course in 03 and its was alright, but I learnt most of my stuff from my own study and my own experiences. I wish the courses went so focus on that the Government thinks should be in them, and just teach the students the core stuff to work as an artist in a games company.
    Hazardous and I always get into big discussions and rants about how poor the schooling system is for game dev courses are in Australia xD
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice!

I think some of the things could have benefitted being seperate meshes in the high poly scupt, when it is done like this leads to soft edges where the clothes meet the skin, probably the biggest example is the neck ring. That being said it can take alot more work than is realistic with negligable improvment, especially for such form fitting clothing :).

Really good to see some aussie artists doing very well for themselves, just glancing over your linked in.

Also cool to see you went to qantm. I'm almost finished a bachelor there. Though i do hold the same feelings towards aussie art education as you do.

Btw, in your linked in it says qantm collage instead of college.

Keep it up!

EDIT: just found something that shows the reults of having clothes seperate .

http://en.9jcg.com/comm_pages/blog_content-art-180.htm

Notice how sharp the changes between the pants and shirt are.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    get rid of the white rim around the bamboo leafs and its awesome :)
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzz: I used to go to Hermans SketchGroups last year. :D
    I know what you mean about the edges, but I figured that it wasn't such a big deal and would eat up too much time as most of that normal map detail can't be seen most of the time, and you can usually get away with some spec and shadow shading. Like what I did with the boots xD

Ahh A bachelor eh? I only did the 9 month dip or Screen. It was supposed to join onto the Game design Degree but after 9 months I thought I could be better off spending my money elsewhere. :P

Motives! ahaha yes! that was my lazy masking abilities! xD
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    oh wow i think ive met you before.

I was that young guy with red hair that tagged along to that one sketchgroup at the end of last year. Since then ive taken the sketch group over ccomepletly and have been running it at the myer center starbucks all year :O.

I thought that the clothes thing was probably a matter of time. Actually just looking at it again, if you could get rid of the ao shadowing at the material breaks, it would probably help it immensley :).
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Along with everyone here, i love the model. Great thing youve finished it too with a kickass pedestal to boot!
    I just dont realy like the material definition on those transparent/plastic areas covering her body. Couldnt really tell what it was. Is it like a transparent covering? if so, i think you should have maybe brightened up the speculars, add some glossiness and maybe destaurared the area a little bit. I could be wrong 100% though :P
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Absolutely love it. Pose is great and you've nailed it with the pouches on her hips.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    really cool. very weird clothing designs.
  • fullofclovers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullofclovers polygon
  • vj_box
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sexy tiger,keep up the good work bro!