Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Canalisation environment

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
EbolaV keyframe
So now that i have some time for new stuff i want to build my first environment in unreal to learn more about that engine. I choose the canalisation setting of Oblivion cause i really loved the atmosphere there. Here the first picture. Have some shading problems. I try to keep you guys updated

oblivion_canalisation_01.jpg

Replies

• Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can't recall this specific environment from oblivion, probably because I never completed it, what type of light are you using for the scene? point or sky? I'm seeing skylight at low brightness and the problem with skylight without any other point lights in the scene is that the lighting still seems washed out.

Did you build all of this with BSPs? Or static meshes? if meshes the texture is kind of laying weird on the corners where the plane direction changes are. If BSP, well that's just the way it'll usually look.

Good start, cant wait to see it populated.
  • EbolaV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    its build with static meshes. Lights are currently only one omni and one point only for some preview.
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    I would just preview without lighting and no textures for the moment, as then we can critique your modeling.

Get more modeling details in there. Also, feel free to make it your own. Oblivion was awesome, but that's their idea.