Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

mob hitman

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
hey guys, working on a new character. Retopology for the low poly is going mighty slow, could use some feedback.
Also my first attempt at modelling a gun, some bolts and finer textures will be done on the normal map, still gotta model the silencer.

And he has shoes, just doing them seperatley now as i've gotta maya model them more than zbrush sculpt.

mob06.jpg
1911_02.jpg

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    looks very good to me.
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    mmm nice work on the gun
  • imb3nt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imb3nt polycounter lvl 14
    Thats badass dude. Looks very mobbish.

Capicce?
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    I think he looks short.
    Awesome though.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    nice work, all the lines look very crisp and clean. the face has a great experienced look to it. nice work on the gun, very clean looking.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Kawe wrote: »
    I think he looks short.
    Awesome though.

Shortest guys are usually the toughest... watch out :P

Got a lot of character to him Nizza, keep it up man :) (love your work on your site as well).
  • GeneralAtrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reminds me of the henchmen enemy of Perfect Dark Zero on the Xbox 360 lol... weird (cant remember name)

Good work! Perhaps a little more rinkle on the forehead would make him look a tad more aged (no man looks like that without being old :))
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers for the replies guys, muchos encouraging ^_^

i'll probably end up adding some more skin detail on the normal map at the end and see how it turns out. And he might look a little short due to lack of shoes perhaps :P
    mob04.jpg

Also trying to figure out how to render him out, my maya screens generally look crap and xNormal looks good but i can only setup 1 light. Was gonna have another crack at unreal 3 but my normal maps generally never work in there (too subtle).

still gotta get out at least 2 more characters i think before i can call my folio ready (gotta reaplace my old crap :P).

thanks again guys, hopefully i can get the lowpoly and uv's done by today (on both models)
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh, the low poly is kicking my ass (the flu isn't helping either >_>)

Anyone know if things would bake ok like this (around the collar specifically)? I'm hoping to bake it like this, then merge the gaps and pull things a little closer together so the gaps/stretching isn't too obvious. Was trying to make it all one, airtight mesh but wasn't quite working.

mob07.jpg

mob07a.jpg
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update! >:{
    Joined a ut3 mod team a couple of days back (tactical assault), been great so far and i've been modelling non stop (guns and more guns). And i found uv unwrapping guns is fuggin painful, it's taken most of today just for it (compared to 3 days for the high and low first person meshes -_-). Was good to work more on this dude for a bit.
    Anyways, the normal map baked weird as hell in some areas, gonna redo my uv's in places and re bake. Oh, and he's ~5.9k tris atm, got to cut a few of them out.

mob08.jpg