Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Hatred - First step toward job hunt.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Hatred polycounter lvl 18
Ive dug some old and new stuff and rerendered it. Check it out and say what do you think about it. C@C welcome!

www.hatred.gameartisans.org

Replies

• vladino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vladino polycounter lvl 15
    Cool portfolio! Like the modeling and texturing.. also the pictures show feels consistent to me which is great. Good job ;)
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some cool work. Nice hard surface texturing.

It seems a little odd that for most of these you've only done the textures but there are no texture flats supplied for the first half of them. If you're the texture artist it'd be nice to see the flats up close :)
  • Hatred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnxc guys for good words
    Talon - Ok ill try to gather those textures and attach it :) maby really it would work better with em, im thinking about makin demoreal with thos renders mixed with videograbs from Maya viewport.. but first of all i need to make my own site. :D
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    The hard surface vehicle textures and shaders are great. Tons of great detail, great colors and tones. Top notch.

Out of curiosity, how long did you spend on each? Are they rendered in a 3d app or engine?

-Tyler
  • Hatred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev wrote: »
    The hard surface vehicle textures and shaders are great. Tons of great detail, great colors and tones. Top notch.

Out of curiosity, how long did you spend on each? Are they rendered in a 3d app or engine?

-Tyler

All the stuff except SMAW and child statue where rendered in max's brazil, SMAW and child is a viewport grab from Maya, about the time it depends for example i modeled that pillar in one day and another was UV, bake and texture, the blue machine was sth about 2 days modeling, 1 day bake and 2 texturing, but you know not always whole 8h it depended what i had to do except that :) for example SMAW was made in a 2 week time for 1h each day after work :) sometimes i cought myself on just opening Maya for an hour and closing it with no changes at all :)
    One I remember that we had not much time for character textures so UV and bake took me ~ one clam day not hurring to much, and textures where made from 1-3 days

thnx for good words!