Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

stroggy char bust

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
hey guys, looking for more feedback on my new character. Just started with arsh's basebust in zbrush and had to do a quick retopo. Based off a sketch by hurri.

Might have to go over and do another detail pass (might've lost the forms and its kinda noisy atm):
03-2.jpg

and my current strogg-ification progress. Still gotta add metal bits and peices in his face and refine the forms of the face around the horns more.
04-1.jpg

let me know what you think

Replies

• Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is really awesome so far - Good job with the double eyes - Most of the 4-eyed characters Ive seen don't look quite right, but this guy really feels 'right'. Some random 'Doom-tech' stuck to the top of his head might look really good too.

-Nick
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Digging the Cheekbone to brow transition.
  • Proxzee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really cool! Love the musculature of the cheeks.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers for the replies guys, glad it's well received.

still working on his metal implants and shrapnel to be stuck in his face and temples, i really suck at hard edge stuff (anyone got some good tutorials on the subject?)

Was thinking of doing a full body for him but i'd only really be doing the torso and possibly one arm with organics and the rest would all be hard edge modelled (could use the practice but really need some folio stuff) :(
    Worth it or just keep it as a bust and move onto game rez?
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh at retopology, finished at 2654 tri's for the head (minus the eyes) which is kinda high but i'm pleased the normal and aocc maps baked as bug free as they did. Got some colouring to do ^_^

07-low_nrmlandaocc.jpg
    07a-wires.jpg
  • zerafian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very clean and detailed...are you using a 1024 for the face?

I would make those clamps that attach the metal plate tot the top of his skull geometry in the low mesh. At least to match that you used geometry for those nubs on his cheek and side of forehead.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers zerafian, good point about the head clamps (plus i was checking the ut3 editor and some of the chars there have crazy high poly counts).
    Currently got his head on half a 2048 (saving room for his upper torso and arm) but i should definitley scale it down to 1024 at least to check how the detail holds up.

Semester's almost over (monday) so i can finally get some work ready for a folio. I've noticed alot of you guys around here are really good at enviro art, any tutorials/workflows/tips on how to go about getting started?

also mo zbrush and hard edge modelling practice (should look like a socom mk23 eventually >_>)

punk_guy04e.jpg01-1.jpg