Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Knife-Jogger

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
Hey all, so I've been hiding away for a couple of months (been working on a Mod, and moving into new house / school) so I haven't had time to post a new project, until now... well, this is a school project but whatever.

Building1_preview1.jpg

So basically the assignment is to make an entire level in Unreal 3, mixing old and new. I decided to do a nice grimy old city mixed with some bulky tech... basically, Blade Runner (get the title now, har har)

Right now I'm just messing around with some modular modeling, I've never really done this before, so now is a very good time to learn.

The idea behind the level (aka. "Venders Run" or "Trader City") is that the area is known for its merchant district, which is horribly corrupt and dirty, and the people there are no different. I'm basing it in night... so there is going to be a lot of glowing techy signs mixed with some big, bulky tech that looks out dated (again... huge inspiration from Blade Runner).

Now I know the Blade Runner universe has this neo-gothic type architecture, and I do want to hint at that in my levels, but its more of a 50's setting (The "futuristic" broken down cars is what I'm aiming for) with a lot of wires shooting every which way, dirty alleys etc.

My main concern is that this has to turn out as one of my better pieces, because I want to use this (along with the props created) to hopefully poke my nose into a studio and stay there for awhile... maybe even make some games as well :P So be as harsh as you guys and girls can muster, I need all the help I can get.

The base level (without textures etc.) is due October 24th, so It's mad modeling from here on out.

Thanks again, sorry for writing a book :P

Replies