Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | Vassago | Dissolution of liberty

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
67_nahrwal_bar.jpg

A STORY TOLD:
...America is no more. Only a whisper, drifting on clouds of thought. Speak but a word and it's gone forever.

Trepidation clutches the streets of a once great country. The United States recoiled into destitution after it's second civil war. Darkness filled the air and hope itself, became a dangerous idea. This emaciated wasteland of insolence and chaos set the stage for things to come.

Through the ashes of the people rose a new power, wicked and villainous. A snaked-tongue leadership that preached peace and prosperity, equality and redemption. A nation of sick and bleary soldiers bought it wholesale. They signed their own fate.

As the lumbering superpower rose yet again, the iron first of a police state came crashing down on it's people. A modern dictatorship governed by fear and punishment, the United Federation of America (UFA) became a reality.

...a nation of slaves. Prisoners in a country of corruption, power and deceit.
Dissent on the tongue of a friend never seen again. Resist and you vanish from existence. Tyranny knows no boundaries. This is our life, this is our time.

TEAM:
Vassago
Anderin

IDEAS:

The concept is really just idea kindling. I'll have a similar theme, but it's not based around that specific tower or city. My drawing skills are hooorrrrrible, so don't expect awesome concept work. :)

More to come...

Replies

• X-Convict
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-Convict polycounter lvl 18
    Cool story idea, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    WOOO! Out come the big boys! I was waiting to see your name pop up.

-caseyjones
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    very nice Vassago. . . go easy on the rest of us.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    nice one man. Best of luck to you
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    go go VassaGO!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PHASE 1: Retribution
    seattle16kl7.jpg

Seattle was hit the hardest. The resistance had set up their base of operations there. After the UFA discovered this, they showed no restraint. Aerial bombardment decimated the once glowing city, leaving a hollow shell of ruin and decay. UFA troops had destroyed the bridges leading east of the city, while they maintained tight blockades north and south.

Refugees seeking safety from the burning city had to pass through the streets of Seattle. Green town was no longer a pleasant place, however. It had grown ripe with heathen rule. Bandits, thieves and murderers had taken deep roots in the smoldering remains.

Getting out was not easy.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PHASE 2: Restitution
    phase2rh6.jpg

After the crushing defeat of the resistance in Seattle, the UFA began widespread purging operations. Concentration camps were assembled outside every city, where dissidents of the federation were brought for processing. Basic amenities were provided, but these tent towns quickly became cesspools of filth, as people waited for months on end.

Thousands of people in such confined areas gave rise to sickness and death. Pleads for medication and treatment fell on deaf ears. No help ever came.

All they could do was wait
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty cool, you're really digging into the back story!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, a bit over the top. But I suck ass at conceptualizing ideas, so roughing out the story helps me a little bit with visualizing things. Two more story concepts to go, I think.
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Keep it up! Work through that shiznit, whatever it takes to get your mind in the right place.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PHASE 3: The Wall
    phase3uk3.jpg

...like monkeys on display. After months of living in the UFA's cesspool staging camps, the full extent of their plans were made clear. As people were dying of disease in the camps, the UFA was constructing a massive barrier wall around Seattle. Ten meters high and 3 meters thick, slicing through the landscape like a blade. Seattle - a city filled with burning heaps, wreckage and waste - a place for the undesirables. Home.

Everyone deemed unfit for the UFA were being trasferred to the Seattle Complex, or "Plex", as it was called. The walls were gaurded 24hrs a day by highly trained UFA troops and autonomous defense systems. Escape was impossible.

Although the federation delivered monthly food and supply drops, these were quickly claimed by the rising gang clans within Plex. Siding with one was a person's only hope for longevity. People would disappear from the streets. Taken to be a slave or even someone's dinner. Association offers protection and nourishment, so many take the offer. Those that don't, rely on thievery, murder, kidnapping and trade to make their living.

A simple stroll down the street could be your last.

:: WELCOME TO PLEX ::

• erik!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Page 8. lol.
    I will not finish this in time, simple as that. Though I have an insane work ethic, it seems I'm leaving it there, at work. Just don't feel motivated to do personal work anymore. :'(

Anyways, poopy wip shot (horribly early, but it's a wip comp, so...)

uecfa6.jpg
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18