Home Technical Talk

Max 2008 UVedge color bug?

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Snight polycounter lvl 16
Hey everyone. I was wondering if any of you had an answer for why Autodesk decided to mix an object's wireframe color and the UV line color in Max 2008 and hopefully how it can be fixed? The seam color is still set to default green and you can change it to whatever you want, but the line color is not white anymore, and if you try to change it it just mixes the color you select with the wireframe of your object. It Drives me nuts. Any ideas?

Replies

• spitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
    if you want the line color to be white, you need to change the model's object color to white. the object color is that little colored square next to the object name in the modify panel.

i think the reason they did this is because you can now unwrap multiple objects with the same unwrap modifier. the uvs of the different models will have different colored lines to help tell them apart.
  • Snight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    I understand that, but I want to avoid changing the object to have a white wire frame when I open the UV editor and then have to end up changing it back when I'm finished. Extra clicks multiplied a 1,000,000 times a day is not fun. It's a bit irritating.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You could probably write a maxscript that sets your object(s) to have a white colour whenever you open the Unwrap UVW editor, then reset it to the original colour when you close it...