DWIII - 3D? - naruSol - "Roaker"

naruSol
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
naruSol polycounter lvl 18
Latest edit:

Playing around with the mount and I think I have a serious candidate:

handrider.jpg

it is basically two hands connected by a center 'chair' part. In a fight, the hands separate from the main part and burrow into the ground to attack enemies from below and leave 'Roaker' sitting on the chair part with the 'spike' stuck in the ground for balance. Colors are very preliminary, but leaning in that direction.

I think I'm going to definitely ditch the fur since all the rock and the shell gives him a lot of texture already and it becomes overkill with the fuzziness.

---
Head orthos:

roakerheadortho.jpg

Edit: realized I'm eating through a lot of bandwidth with all these images, so the older ones will be links from here on out.

I hit a rough spot in the character design so I figured I'd work on the accessories and the old rusty robot thingie he'll be lounging on. So far no shots of the latter, but the former turned out surprisingly well after a few revisions.

pipey.jpg

---
Head study, not sure about colors so any suggestions on that topic would be particularly appreciated. The design still isn't entirely set, but I want to move ahead so I can have as much time to fail at modeling as possible.

Original head study

---
Using gauss's repaint as a launchpad, I'm diddling around with the idea of him being on top of the artifact. The artifact will be significantly different in later sketches, but I left gauss's in there cause it looks cool and I am more interested in the dude on top at the moment.

dw3narusoledit.jpg

---
First of a couple concepts I'm working on. I don't know if I will be attempting a 3d yet, but I haven't been able to finish one the last two years, so maybe a 2d try will fare better. We shall see how much time I have after I finalize the design.

Original concept sketch

Update: Another idea that came up while doodling, it is something that has recurred through my notebook doodles for years and I figured I just had to let it out.

Slick

Replies