Home General Discussion

1upshow bioshock trailer

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
shotgun polycounter lvl 19
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12134

ken levine (creative director) is the shizzle. i love his games.. sys shock, thief (!!!).. he touches he scores. deep story+ strong art direction+ no marines = winz

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice trailer, big daddy's look tough.

Thanx for sharing.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Easily no.1 on my "Most Anticipated Games" List.
    The human characters look like shiny plastic ass, but the rest of the game is visually stunning.
    According to gamespot it still feels a lot like system shock gameplay wise, even kooler smile.gif
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    wow
    what platform is this going to?
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, tonnes of cool stuff in this. I'm still watching, but the dynamic tutorial system is a freakin awesome idea. Tutorials are a tough design problem usually, seems like they've got a great way around em.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    The alpha and omega of designers. Ken Levine, you are my rock and roll man-tasy.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    wow
    what platform is this going to?

[/ QUOTE ]

xbox 360..

this is on my must have lists for this fall. I'm gonna be a broke man.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Also coming to PC shortly after (a month, last time I heard?) but the 360 is lead SKU so it will probably feel more at home there. I'm expecting another butchered port of Invisible War level tragedy* just so if they do fuck it up again I won't be disappointed, and if they don't I'll be soooooooo happy. smile.gif

(keeping in mind Invisible War is still > 90% shooters and worth playing)
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc: really? I gave it a go, but quickly gave up due to the interface and massive (inexplicable) slowdowns. If coverage of the game had been mostly positive i would've kept at it, but it seemed like everywhere i looked, it was being put down.
    I might go back to it someday, mostly because i've always been curious if i wasn't missing out on something good.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    when the guy is in the water with the ring of fire around him, he gets water drops on his eyes, is he supposed to be wearing a glass visor or something?
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also coming to PC shortly after (a month, last time I heard?) but the 360 is lead SKU so it will probably feel more at home there. I'm expecting another butchered port of Invisible War level tragedy* just so if they do fuck it up again I won't be disappointed, and if they don't I'll be soooooooo happy. smile.gif

(keeping in mind Invisible War is still > 90% shooters and worth playing)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, Bioshock is being developed for the 360 sku in their Massechussets office, while the PC adaptation is being handled by Irrational Australia, the folks who made Tribes: Vengeance, and are working on a successor to some big mystery IP at the moment. Seeing as a lot of Irrational Australia are former Irrational Boston dudes, I'm thinking it's going to be a great PC game as well...

Going to rock harder than Jesus and the Beatles on totally awesome alabama liquid snake playing Stairway to Heaven.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, their spec maps are way overdone, but the game still looks great.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    YAY for no jerks in armour suits designed by overzealous toddlers!

I look forward to this game.
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    I have a feeling I'm gonna die alot in that game. Looks badass though, beautiful environments. Those little training movies brought back fond memories of Fallout. Does anyone know if they had some other concept artists other than that Rob Waters guy?
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I promised myself to stay the fuck away from bioshock media
    I don't want to know everything before I even play the game...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought this was worth gravedigging over:

"For those of you wondering how BioShock will straddle PC and console interfaces when similar past games have famously failed to do so, Levine offers a novel but simple solution: Two separate teams of designers are working on the controls and interfaces for each version."

THE single best nugget of information on Bioshock i've heard so far.
    If i entertained any negative thoughts about Bioshock at all, it was over this.
    Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock/news.html?sid=6172135&page=2
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome. Of course the game looks awesome, but I really love seeing behind-the-scenes stuff and interviews with people from different studios. I think it would be cool to compile a thread here with links to all the different video interviews/behind-the-scenes stuff.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, true. I've only seen one, and i'd love to see all of them some time. Ken manages to come off as a human being rather than a commercial.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    As long as it's atleast as fun as condemned, but a million times cooler, i'm happy
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Really glad to hear that, it would be a shame for what I'm sure will be an awesome game to be afflicted with poor controls and UI upon transition to the PC.

Woo woo Ken smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was going to pick it up for the 360 and just deal with the dumbed down controls but since they are working on two separate control schemes I'm all over the PC version!

Damn, that water is looking good too. I'm very interested to see how they did that.